Revisit: Fall MMA 2014
19th Annual Marketing Management Association Fall Educators' Conference, San Antonio, 17-19 Sep 2014; Deadline 23 May
19th Annual MMA Fall Educators’ Conference
San Antonio, September 17-19, 2014
Call for Papers
Conference Theme: A Community of Learners
Technology has allowed educators and students to learn in a community environment no longer bound by classroom walls. Thus the conference theme examines issues related to developing engaged learning environments while highlighting teaching innovations that serve to strengthen experiential learning.
Sample Topics for Position Papers, Panels, and Refereed Papers:
- Active learning strategies or activities
- Case development and delivery
- Social media learning strategies
- Managing group projects or presentations
- Developing internships or international experiences
- Effectively using simulations
- Reaching Millennials in the classroom
- Pedagogical styles for specific marketing courses
- Assessing learning goals or outcomes
- Flipped classroom approaches
- Demonstrating teaching effectiveness
- Client-based learning projects
- Incorporating ethics and social responsibility
- Relevance of marketing curriculum in industry
- National competitions as teaching tools
- Examining marketing education pedagogy
- Involving undergraduate students in research
- Social media data collection strategies
- Collaborative approaches in research inquiry
- The value of private or consulting research
- Strategies for publishing and presentations
- Peer evaluation of performance
- Promotion and tenure preparation
- Mentoring industry to classroom transitions
- Curriculum development initiatives
- Student organization programming
- Community service and outreach programs
- Advisory board initiatives
Position Paper Submissions:
Submission Guidelines: Position papers should include a cover page with each author’s name, affiliation, and email. Position papers are limited to three double-spaced pages (not including the cover page) using 12-point font.
Position Paper Organization: (1) Introduce the problem or situation you will explore in your presentation, (2) Provide a brief context for the situation – this may or may not include references, (3) Offer your solution (what was done) or recommended course of action (what should be done), (4) Mention any challenges or alternative perspectives, and then (5) Conclude with suggested future research or further exploration needed.
How to Submit: Submit position papers via email attachment in Microsoft WORD to Brian Vander Schee at FallConference@mmaglobal.org by May 23, 2014. At least one author must register and attend the conference.
Panel Proposal Submissions:
Contact the Fall Conference Program Chair, Brian Vander Schee at FallConference@mmaglobal.org to suggest a topic or to inquire about approved topics needing panelists. All panelists must register and attend the conference.
Refereed Paper Submissions:
Submission Guidelines: Refereed papers should not exceed 12 double-spaced pages including references, tables and figures using 12-point font. Each paper is to have a separate cover page with each author’s name, affiliation, and email. Multiple authorships should indicate the contact person. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the body of the paper. The title of the paper should appear on the first page of the manuscript, followed by a 100 word abstract, single spaced. The body of the paper follows right after on the first page using double spacing and strictly adhering to APA reference style. Best refereed paper with $500 cash award will be given at the conference.
How to Submit: Submit refereed papers via email attachment in Microsoft WORD to Brian A. Vander Schee at FallConference@mmaglobal.org by May 23, 2014. At least one author must register and attend the conference.