Consumer Brand Relationships
4th International Consumer Brand Relationships Conference, University of Porto, 21-23 May 2015, Chairs Marc Fetscherin, Richardo Cayolla and Joaquim Borges; Deadline 1 Nov
Call for Papers
4th International Consumer Brand Relationships Conference
May, 21-23 2015
University of Porto
Best papers published in
Special Issue of Journal of Product and Brand Management
The aim of this event is to build a community of practitioners and researchers who are interested in the study of the relationships consumers have with brands. We invite full papers, work in progress or case studies which have as a focal point the consumer and the relationship to products, companies, stores, celebrities, or countries brands among others. This event provides an ideal opportunity not only for Ph.D. students and young faculty members sharing their most recent high quality work with other experts in that field of research but also accomplished scholars and practioners. Empirical as well as conceptual or theoretical works are welcomed.
The highest quality full papers from the conference will be published in a special issue of the prestigious Journal of Product and Brand Management (publisher Emerald, estimated impact factor 0.88).
The following provides a list of possible topics to be discussed, but is not limited to:
- Consumer celebrity relationships (e.g., sports, entertainment, business celebrity)
- Consumer retailer relationships (e.g., C2B, C2C)
- Consumer company relationships (e.g., stakeholder theory)
- Consumer organization relationships (e.g., political party, sports club/teams, Universities, red cross)
- Consumer place relationships (e.g., city branding, country branding)
- Consumer tourism destination relationships
- Consumer brand relationships across different consumer segments (e.g., children, seniors)
- Positive brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand love, brand passion, brand attachment, brand affection, brand devotion)
- Negative brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand hate, brand objection)
- Storytelling theory and brand relationships
- Brand Relationship theories and underlying constructs
- The role and effect of culture on consumer brand relationships
- Brand cult and religious brands
- Submission deadline: November 1st, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: December 15th, 2014
- Early registration deadline: January 15th, 2015
- Regular registration deadline: March 15th, 2015
- Conference dates: May 21-23, 2015
- Conference venue: University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
All participants need to register and pay. Early registration fee of € 395 before January 15th, 2015. Regular registration fee is € 495. The registration fee includes attendance to the event, welcome reception, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, a gala dinner and materials.
We offer a limited number travel stipends (total € 1,000) for Ph.D. students to assist with expenses related to attending the conference. Priority will be given to full paper submissions. Please mention at the end of your submission (comment field) if you wish to apply for it and why you think you qualify. Provide bullet points and no more than 200 words.
Authors are invited to submit non-published (1) full papers; (2) works-in-progress; or (3) case studies which have as a focal point consumers’ relationships with brands.
- Full paper submissions must not be published, accepted for publication or presentation, or be under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. All papers are limited to maximum 5,000 words (including tables and figures) excluding the cover/title page and references. In preparing for the full papers, please reference the authors’ guidelines from the Journal of Product and Brand Management (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=1061-0421). No author information in your paper you submit, only in the online submission tool https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cbr2015
- Work-in-progress papers or case studies. Please provide an extended structured abstract of max. 1,000 words (excluding reference list), single spaced. You need to have the following sections: purpose, methodology/approach, findings, research limitations/implications, and originality/value. A reference list is required. Tables or figures should be placed in the appendix after the reference list. Empirical work-in-progress papers should be at least in the data collection phase to be considered.
Papers that are not accepted for full presentation might be accepted as poster. The highest quality papers will be considered to be published in a special issue of the prestigious Journal of Product and Brand Management. Depending on the quality and quantity of the papers received, an edited book is also planned.
At least one author of each accepted submission must register, attend and present. All papers are double-blind reviewed. By submitting a paper all authors agree to review up to three papers. Authors are requested to submit their paper(s) electronically before the deadline to our online submission system on the website.
Organizers and Hosts
- Marc Fetscherin, Rollins College, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richardo Cayolla, University of Aveiro, Portugal; email@example.com
- Joaquim Borges Gouveia, University of Aveiro, Portugal; firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference website: http://www.consumer-brand-relationship.org/
Linkedin Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3006971&trk=anet_ug_hm