SCP Small Grants
The Society for Consumer Psychology seeks proposals for its 2014 Small Grants Program
The Society for Consumer Psychology welcomes proposals for the 2014 SCP Small Grants Program. This program provides funding for initiatives that further the goals and vision of SCP. The Grants Program is competitive, and will provide a maximum of $5000.00 for each funded initiative.
SCP’s stated mission can be found at http://myscp.org/about/mission.aspx. Examples of possible initiatives are:
- Support for pre-conference consortia for doctoral students,
- Funding for the organization of workshops, seminars, and other events that advance consumer psychology, particularly those that involve students and junior faculty.
Although the funds are limited, we seek proposals that will provide the greatest return on the dollar. Thus, well established and well funded programs would not be a high priority. Seminars and workshops focusing on new topics with an emphasis on funding participation by doctoral students and/or junior faculty would be much closer to our vision.
All requests will be considered within an annual fiscal cycle (calendar year) and thus, should be submitted no later than Nov. 1 for consideration for the upcoming year. No more than one grant will be funded each year.
All proposals should contain the following:
- Cover letter that states the purpose of the initiative and summarizes the request
- Statement of objectives of the initiative, who is likely to benefit, and how the initiative furthers the mission of SCP
- Any supportive documentation or rationale for why the initiative is needed
- A detailed budget for all projected expenses
- Method for distributing funds
- Contact person information responsible for the administration of the funds
Please note that only current SCP members are eligible for consideration. These awards will not pay administrative or overhead costs.
Please send applications via e-mail to Larry Compeau, SCP Executive Officer, Clarkson University School of Business, 8 Clarkson Avenue-Box 5795, Potsdam, NY 13699 or via email to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the SCP Board of Directors and funded proposals will be announced when awarded.