Crowds 2.0: New Frontiers in
Crowdfunding + Crowdsourcing
Friday, May 9th / NYU Stern School of Business
Hosted by the Center for Business Analytics
Crowdfunding and crowdsourcing continue to disrupt and transform markets, offering unique access to capital, talent and investment opportunities. Industry and faculty experts share cutting edge research and best practices. What is next for crowdfunding and crowdsourcing? We will examine these platforms and will explore how they impact individuals, organizations, markets and the economy as a whole.
Join speakers from Appirio / topcoder, Carlson School of Management, CrowdFlower, CrowdWatch, GiveForward, Harvard Business School, Indiegogo, Kickstarter, NYU Stern School of Business, Plum Alley, RockthePost, Rotman School of Management, Wharton Business School
– How will equity crowdfunding accelerate global economic growth? How can entrepreneurs and funders better understand the risks associated with crowdfunding?
– What are some key investor and entrepreneur behavioral patterns in crowdfunding markets? How do factors like geography, word-of-mouth and anonymity play a role in influencing outcomes?
– How do organizations engage with the open innovation that crowdsourcing inspires?
– Are there better techniques for matching employers with the most skilled employees?
– What can we learn from the bottom-up funding approach that results in better access to capital for women and entrepreneurs in diverse global locations?