Revisit: PDMA-UIC Doctoral Consortium
Product Development and Management Association 2014 Innovation Doctoral Consortium, University of Illinois at Chicago, 18-20 Jul 2014; Deadline 6 Jan
To: Doctoral students engaged in innovation-related dissertation research
Re: 2014 PDMA-UIC Innovation Doctoral Consortium
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) will hold the 2014 PDMA-UIC Innovation Doctoral Consortium at UIC on Friday, July 18 to Sunday, July 20, 2014. The Consortium is devoted to the developmental needs of doctoral students conducting dissertation research on innovation and new product development.
Students who are accepted to this consortium will be honored as Doctoral Student Fellows, and have a unique opportunity to meet, collaborate, and exchange ideas with leading scholars and practitioners in the field. Scholars in attendance, who will provide insights on high impact research and career management, are as follows, among others:
Gerry Tellis, Shuba Srinivasan, Christoph Fuchs, Abbie Griffin, Richard Buchanan, Tony Di Benedetto, Mike Ahearne, Charlie Noble, Steve Markham, Tom Hustad, Gloria Barczak, UIC faculty and others
The Consortium will bring together about 50 participants (faculty, doctoral students, and practitioners) in a highly interactive program in the heart of Chicago, one of the most vibrant cities in the world. Doctoral students will compete for up to $5,000 in dissertation research grants. All meals, housing, and local transportation will be provided free of charge to participating students. Doctoral student participants are only asked to provide their way to and from Chicago.
The inaugural consortium in the summer of 2011 was a great success. The uniquely designed, highly interactive program received extremely positive feedback from the participants:
“It was a 200% success! … This was by far the best event I have been to in my few years as a PhD student, and I am sure it will be the best event for many years to come. Please keep putting on this consortium for future students as I know they will love it as much as I did.” – Doctoral student fellow
“I have been to a number of consortiums and camps over the years and I have to say you put on an amazing show … I was really impressed with the quality of sessions, the great venues, and the super fun activities.” – Faculty fellow
- To be eligible for participation, doctoral students must be in their dissertation phase.
- Application is open now and will close January 6, 2014. Doctoral students will be notified by February 21, 2014 regarding the status of their application.
- The application packet should include the following materials:
- A two-page, single-spaced summary of the dissertation, covering elements such as research questions, motivation for research, method, expected contributions, among others.
- A cover letter indicating the current dissertation stage (e.g., pre-proposal defense) and expected stage (e.g., completed data analysis) at the time of the Consortium.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s dissertation chair.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (including doctoral coursework).
For additional information or to apply, please visit http://www.cvent.com/d/p4q8h7. For questions please contact Anna Cui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership