J Soc Mar Regional Editors
The Journal of Social Marketing seeks regional editors
Journal of Social Marketing, Regional Editors
Expressions of interest are sought for regional editors for the Journal of Social Marketing.
The Journal of Social Marketing was launched by Emerald and founding co-editors Professor Andrew McAuley and Associate Professor Sharyn Rundle-Thiele in 2011. The Journal of Social Marketing has rapidly established itself as a leading outlet for social marketing research and is now entering Volume 4. Notably the Journal of Social Marketing has received listings on Scopus and has been ranked in the top 50% of Marketing journals by the Australian Business Deans Council receiving a B ranking. At the end of 2013 Professor Andrew McAuley is stepping down from co-editing. Sharyn Rundle-Thiele will remain as Editor in Chief for the Journal of Social Marketing.
Regional editors are sought to further grow the Journal of Social Marketing and to extend upon early successes. Key initiatives in the next two years will be to apply for ISI listing, increase journal impact and continue to secure annual Special Issues. Up to three appointments will be made for regional editors commencing January 1st 2014 for a two-year period. Each regional editor will represent one key region – Asia, Europe, Africa and/or the Americas but not Australia/New Zealand.
- The Regional Editor will have an established reputation in social marketing leading national or international research projects.
- The Regional Editor will propose and discuss ways (with the EIC) to improve overall quality and ranking of The Journal.
- The Regional Editor will assist the EIC in developing and implementing short, medium and long-term strategy for The Journal, including, applying for and inclusion in ISI.
- The Regional Editor will promote The Journal throughout his/her network of colleagues, friends and scholars at conferences, through list-serves and word of mouth etc. In particular, you will make concerted efforts to introduce new reviewers, authors, advisory board and editorial board members.
- The Regional Editor will aid the EIC by soliciting and encouraging submissions of high-quality research articles, insights, and reviews.
- The Regional Editor will personally contribute at least one article, research note, and/or commentary per year.
- The Regional Editor will assist the Editor-in-Chief (EIC) in the review process conducted using Scholar One. This includes performing a thorough desk review and/or initiating blind peer review using the Scholar One system as per guidelines provided by EIC. Please note that this must be done in a timely fashion- as per the dates set in the Scholar One system.
- The Regional Editor will work expeditiously and diligently to improve the quality of submitted papers through thorough desk reviews;
- The Regional Editor may propose and lead the publication of one new, interesting and cutting edge Special Issue topic in your 2-year tenure.
Applications including a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria must be submitted via email to Associate Professor Sharyn Rundle-Thiele (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria outlined above.
Contact: Associate Professor Sharyn Rundle-Thiele, on +61 7 3735 6446, email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 1 November 2013
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership