Integrating Social Media
Integrating Social Media into Business Practice, Applications, Management, and Models, A book to be edited by Dr. In Lee, Proposal deadline 30 June 30 2013
CALL FOR CHAPTER PROPOSALS
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 30, 2013
Integrating Social Media into Business Practice, Applications, Management, and Models
A book edited by Dr. In Lee (Western Illinois University, USA)
To be published by IGI Global: http://bit.ly/XPKQiN
For release in the Advances in E-Business Research (AEBR) Book Series http://bit.ly/XEt7sw
Since the late 2000s, social media has paved new ways of accessing customers for businesses and conducting business activities. Social media represents a variety of dynamic and community-based Web applications that place value on the power of distributed knowledge and provide users with rich interactive experiences. New organizations taking advantage of social media are also being developed, creating successful new markets. For example, Blade.org is a collaborative community-based organization initiated by IBM around its blade server technology. Social commerce intermediaries such as Groupon and LivingSocial provide discount information on the products/services to consumers. Various merchant reputation sites such as Yelp and TripAdvisor create value to consumers based on user-generated content. With the widespread adoption of social media by customers, it became imperative for businesses to leverage social media technologies to stay competitive in the global economy.
Objective of the Book
While social media is an important subject of study for academic researchers, there is still a lack of comprehensive reference sources which provide the most up-to-date research findings and future directions for contemporary enterprises. The objective of this book project is to fill this void by covering a wide range of topics such as management issues, innovative ideas, the state of the art business applications, and evaluation of social media products and services.
The projected audience includes researchers, instructors, social media managers, and undergraduate/graduate students in various e-commerce and business programs.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Business Models for Social Media Implementation
- Collective Intelligence
- Employee Use of Social Media in the Workplace
- Enterprise 2.0
- Measuring Value of Social Media Marketing
- Next Generation Social Media
- Opportunities and Challenges in Social Media
- Personalization of Social Networking Services
- Privacy and Security of Social Media Data
- Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches to Social Media Theory Development
- Social Collaboration
- Social Commerce
- Social CRM
- Social Intermediaries: Groupon, LivingSocial, etc.
- Social Media and Business Ethics
- Social Media and Entrepreneurship
- Social Media and Mobile Services
- Social Media and Online Games
- Social Media Applications for Business
- Social Media Business Models
- Social Media Case Studies
- Social Media Content Management
- Social Media Integration
- Social Media Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Metrics
- Social Media Profitability
- Social Media Tools: Wikis, Blogs, Social Bookmarking, etc.
- Social Networking Services: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Social Shopping
- Success Factors for Social Media Adoption
- Theories for Social Media Research
- Trends in Social Media
- Trust and Privacy in Social Commerce
- Trust and Privacy in Social Media
- User Behavior in Social Media
Contributors are invited to submit on or before June 30, 2013, a 2-3 page manuscript proposal clearly describing and explaining the topic of the proposed chapter. The proposal should include the chapter summary, table of contents, and authors’ contact information. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by July 10, 2013 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter organizational guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2013. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in July 2014.
- June 30, 2013: Proposal Submission Deadline
- July 10, 2013: Notification of Proposal Acceptance
- September 30, 2013: Full Chapter Submission
- November 15, 2013: Review Results Returned
- January 15, 2014: Final Chapter Submission
- March 31, 2014: Final Deadline
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word Document) to:
In Lee, Ph.D.
School of Computer Sciences
Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL USA
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of E-Business Research (IJEBR)
For more information on the:
Advances in E-Business Research (AEBR) Book Series
Editor-in-Chief: In Lee (Western Illinois University, USA)
Please visit: http://bit.ly/XEt7sw
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership