PDMA Dissertation Competition
The 2013 Product Development and Management Association Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition; Deadline 1 Jun 2013
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (PDMA)
Call for 2013 Dissertation Proposal Competition
in New Product Development and Innovation Management
** Submission Deadline: June 1, 2013**
The Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) announces the call for its 2013 Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition. The aim of the competition is to foster academic research on innovation and new product development and encourage close ties between the academic and corporate worlds. Applicants may propose research on any aspect of the development, commercialization, or management of new products/services or innovation. Dissertation proposals that cross functional lines, involve multiple research disciplines, or make substantial advancement to our knowledge in the field are particularly encouraged.
Benefits to Winner
Winners of the competition will receive the following benefits:
- A cash award of $2,500.
- Access to the PDMA membership mailing list to collect data for research, if needed. .
- Exposure to the academic community, when the winner makes a presentation of his or her results at the Academic Research Forum of the PDMA International Conference – a condition of winning the competition (an additional $1,000 towards travel costs to attend the PDMA conference is provided). The conference provides an excellent networking opportunity with both academics and practitioners. For information on the conference, please visit: www.pdma.org
- A one-year membership to the PDMA, which includes subscriptions to the Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM) and Visions magazine, PDMA’s practitioner publication.
Proposals will be evaluated in a double-blind review process by experts in product development and innovation. Reviewers will judge the proposals against traditional academic standards and the feasibility of completion in a timely manner.
Conditions for Submission
- Applicants must be Ph.D. candidates in any field related to new product/service development or innovation management.
- Proposals must have already been approved by the student’s committee. The applicant must append a letter from his/her committee chair or department head confirming acceptance of the proposal.
- The grant from the competition is intended to support the recipient’s dissertation research. Thus, only those dissertations that will not likely be completed prior to October 31, 2013 should be submitted to the competition.
- The proposal should be submitted electronically as a Word or PDF file. It should be formatted double spaced, in 12 point font or larger, with at least a 1” margins on all sides. The proposal must not exceed 20 pages in length, including abstract, text, references, figures, and tables. References, figures, and tables should follow the guidelines for authors of Journal of Product Innovation Management.
The proposal with the letter from the committee chair must be received no later than June 1, 2013.
Please send your proposal to Professor Charles Noble, PDMA Vice President of Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership