The Marketing of Transportation Services, Special issue of Research in Transportation Business and Management; Abstract deadline 1 May 2013
The Marketing of Transportation Services
Research in Transportation Business and Management is issuing a CFP for papers in the marketing of transportation. Specific topics of interest may include developments in marketing concepts and application of theories to airline, car rental, taxi, bus, rail, ferry, cruise and freight/logistics services including:
- Strategy and new markets (e.g. vertical and horizontal integration and dynamic packaging in transportation services)
- Consumer behaviour and the response to marketing efforts by transportation service providers
- Product developments, such as the impact new product concepts/seats/cabins/classes have on consumer choice and can competitive advantage be protected in the long run?
- Price, developments in price discrimination and revenue management, product bundling, unbundling and ancillary services and pricing as a marketing mix element in regulated markets
- Distribution, opportunities to extend/expand markets by developing new distribution strategies, social media and the future of airline promotion and distribution and how apps offer new sales markets and create brand preference
- Promotion/branding, branding transportation services, transportation services marketing budgets, land leveraging social media opportunities to grow a transportation business.
- People and processes (e.g. “Our people are our strongest marketing weapon”, product delivery and outsourced work-staff, strategic choices, management issues and best practice).
- Employee empowerment or prescribed process delivery
- Process improvements to increase the value of time definite services
Abstracts (250 words maximum) should be submitted to Keith Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lucy Budd email@example.com no later than 1st May 2013.
The full Call for papers is available at:
Please contact the volume editors (above) if this is of interest to you.
Mary R. Brooks
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership