Revisit: AMA Academic Council
The American Marketing Association calls for nominations for its Academic Council; Deadline 1 Feb
American Marketing Association Academic Council Call for Nominations
Academic Council is soliciting nominations for individuals who have a passion and creative ideas for working with AMA on an agenda for moving the organization forward in the value provided to AMA academic members.
Role of the Academic Council of AMA
The American Marketing Association Academic Council is comprised of 12 members who work to enhance the value that AMA provides to its academic members. Academic Council has oversight of and final responsibility for important aspects of the life of our discipline, including national and special interest conferences, the primary placement job market each August, the AMA/Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), etc., and on-line and interactive resources, such as ELMAR and the Academic Resource Center (ARC) on the AMA website. The objective with regard to Academic Council membership is to have the Council reflect the AMA academic membership at large. Each Council member serves a three-year term, and new members terms will begin on July 1, 2013. Academic Council will review nominations to the Council in relation to the following factors:
- Current AMA membership
- Demonstrated leadership in AMA or other marketing organizations, at a national level (e.g., conference chair, track chair, SIG leader, Special Session Organizer)
- Alignment with needs of the Academic Council in terms of diversity:
- Geographic region of the US and abroad
- Research interest within marketing
- Teaching/Research mission of academic institution
- A national call for nominations will run from November 2012 through February 1, 2013. All nominees will receive notification of their nomination, and be given an opportunity to submit additional profile information for further consideration for Council membership. Self-nominations are accepted.
- The nomination deadline to be considered for the council is February 1, 2013.
- The current members of the AMA Academic Council will evaluate the nominees based on the above criteria.
Please complete the online form to nominate a member of the academic community to be considered for a position on the Academic Council of the AMA.
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership