Academy of Marketing Consumer Research SIG Workshop on Cross-Cultural Consumer Research, Loughborough, UK, 18 Mar 2013, Chairs Nina Michaelidou and Louise Hassan; Deadline 30 Jan
Academy of Marketing Consumer Research Special Interest Group Workshop
Cross-Cultural Consumer Research
The Academy of Marketing Consumer Research SIG will be holding its second workshop at Loughborough University School of Business and Economics on 18th March 2013. The theme of the workshop will be on Cross-Cultural Consumer Research and the workshop is linked to a special issue of International Marketing Review (with submission date 30th September 2013) on Cross-Cultural and Cross-National Consumer Research. We invite both theoretical and empirical papers that focus, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Differences in consumer perceptions, values, needs and motivations across cultures
- Cross-cultural comparisons of attitudes, and attitudinal theories and models including the Theory of Reasoned Action and Theory of Planned Behaviour
- Consumers’ information processing, categorisation and responses to marketing contexts and environments, including emotions and cognitions across cultures
- Self-identity and personality traits across cultures, including variety and novelty seeking, consumer innovativeness and opinion leadership
- Consumer’s perceptions of global brands and brand personality across-cultures
- Customer engagement behaviours, including complaining and co-creation across cultures
- Satisfaction and word of mouth across cultures
- Country of origin effects and ethnocentrism
- Methodological issues in cross-cultural consumer research
Short papers should be submitted to Dr Nina Michaelidou via email (N.Michaelidou@lboro.ac.uk) by 5pm on 30th January 2013.
The format for papers is as follows:
- 3 single-spaced pages (excluding title page, abstract, references, tables, figures and appendix).
- The title page should include the title of the paper, the author(s) contact details as well as a short abstract of no more than 100 words.
- Tables and figures should be provided within the main body of the paper. Only one appendix is allowed.
- References should be provided in Harvard style.
- With the exception of conceptual papers, papers should contain a background, method, results and conclusion section.
In order to cover costs a fee of £40 is charged for workshop participation. For more information about the workshop please contact: Dr Nina Michaelidou, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University, N.Michaelidou@lboro.ac.uk , 01509 222435 or Dr Louise Hassan, Department of Marketing, Lancaster University, email@example.com, 01524 5 10674.
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership