Consumer Brand Relationship Colloquium
3rd International Consumer Brand Relationship Colloquium, Orlando, FL, 26-28 Sep 2013, Organized by Marc Fetscherin; Deadline 1 Mar
Call for Papers
3rd International Consumer Brand Relationship Colloquium
September 26-28, 2013
Winter Park (Orlando), Florida, USA
Best papers published in:
Special Issue: Journal of Brand Management
Hosted at Rollins in 2010 and 2011, the upcoming colloquium in 2013 will be again at Rollins College, Winter Park (Orlando), Florida. The aim of this colloquium is to bring together practitioners and researchers who are interested in the study of the relationships consumers have with brands. The colloquium disseminates latest research and best company practices. We invite full papers, works-in-progress or case studies which have as a focal point the consumer’s’ relationships with brands. Theoretical, empirical or conceptual contributions are welcomed. The colloquium provides an ideal opportunity for accomplished researchers or scholars, young faculty members or Ph.D. students as well as practitioners to share and discuss their most recent work.
NEW this year (1) The highest quality submissions will be considered to be published in a special issue of the prestigious Journal of Brand Management; (2) We provide travel stipends for Ph.D. students up to $1,000 to assist with expenses related to attending the colloquium; (3) Meet the Editor(s) session.
As the recent book, co-edited by Marc Fetscherin the conference organizer, about Consumer Brand Relationships: Insights for Theory and Practice (2012) attests, consumer-brand relationship is an emerging and exciting research field across various disciplines such as business and management, marketing, communication as well as psychology, sociology, anthropology, or neurology. The following provides a list of possible topics to be discussed, but is not limited to:
- Consumer-celebrity relationships (e.g., sports, entertainment, business celebrity)
- Consumer-retailer relationships (e.g., C2B, C2C)
- Consumer-company relationships (e.g., stakeholder theory)
- Consumer-organization relationships (e.g., political party, sports club/teams, Universities, red cross)
- Consumer-place relationships (e.g., city branding, country branding)
- Consumer-tourism destination relationships
- Consumer brand relationships over time
- Consumer brand relationships across different consumer segments (e.g., children, seniors)
- Consumer brand relationships and culture (e.g., culture differences)
- Brand communities and brand cult
- Brand relationship typologies
- Brand relationship theories
- Online brand relationships (e.g., virtual worlds, avatars)
- Positive brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand love, brand passion, brand attachment, brand affection, brand devotion)
- Negative brand relationship constructs (e.g., brand hate, brand aversion, brand dislike, brand objection)
- Conceptualizing positive or negative brand relationships
- Brand relationships and behavioral outcomes (e.g., WOM, purchase intention)
- Measuring and managing consumer brand relationships
- Storytelling theory and brand relationships
- Submission deadline: March 1st, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: April 15th, 2013
- Early registration deadline: May 15th, 2013
- Regular registration deadline: July 15th, 2013
- Colloquium dates: September 26-28, 2013
- Colloquium venue: Rollins College, Winter Park (Orlando), Florida, USA
All participants need to register and pay. Early registration fee of $395 before May 15th, 2013. Regular registration fee is $495. The registration fee includes attendance to the colloquium, welcome reception, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, a gala dinner and conference material.
We offer a limited number of $500 – $1,000 travel stipends for Ph.D. students to assist with expenses related to attending the 3rd International Consumer Brand Relationship Colloquium. Priority will be given to full paper submissions. Please mention at the end of your submission (remark field) if you wish to apply for it and why you think you qualify. Provide bullet points and no more than 200 words.
Authors are invited to submit non-published (1) full papers; (2) works-in-progress; or (3) case studies which have as a focal point consumers’ relationships with brands.
- Full paper submissions must not be published, accepted for publication or presentation, or be under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. All papers are limited to maximum 5,000 words (including tables and figures) excluding the cover/title page and references. In preparing for the full papers, please reference the authors’ guidelines from the Journal of Brand Management (www.palgrave-journals.com/bm). No author information in your paper you submit. Provide author information only in the online submission tool here.
- Work-in-progress papers or case studies. Please provide an extended structured abstract of max. 1,000 words (excluding reference list), single spaced. You need to have the following sections: purpose, methodology/approach, findings, research limitations/implications, and originality/value. A reference list is required. Tables or figures should be placed in the appendix after the reference list. Empirical work-in-progress papers should be at least in the data collection phase to be considered.
Papers that are not accepted for full presentation might be accepted as poster. The highest quality papers will be considered to be published in a special issue of the prestigious Journal of Brand Management. Depending on the quality and quantity of the papers received, an edited book is also planned.
At least one author of each accepted submission must register, attend and present. All papers are double-blind reviewed. By submitting a paper all authors agree to review up to three papers. Authors are requested to submit their paper(s) electronically before the deadline to our online submission system on the website.
Marc Fetscherin, Rollins College, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the colloquium website: http://www.consumer-brand-relationship.com/
Join us on linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?viewMembers=&gid=3006971&sik=1351888553245
Join us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/183615001707/
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership