ISMS Fellows Award 2013
The INFORMS Society for Marketing Science solicits nominations for the 2013 ISMS Fellows Award; Deadline 14 Jan 2013
Call for Nominations
ISMS Marketing Science Fellows 2013
The ISMS Fellows selection committee would like to solicit nominations for the 2013 ISMS Fellows award. Nominations should be emailed to Dominique Hanssens (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is the current chair of the selection committee. Please use the subject heading Fellows Nomination. The deadline for submissions is January 14, 2013.
The ISMS Fellow Award recognizes cumulative long term contribution to the mission of ISMS. The mission of ISMS is ??to foster the development, dissemination, and implementation of knowledge, basic and applied research, and science and technologies that improve the understanding and practice of marketing.? While the ISMS Fellow award recognizes past accomplishments and is an honor, it is also meant to encourage responsibility. ISMS Fellows are expected to provide leadership and support for the ISMS community.
A nominee for the Fellow Award must have been a full member or retired member of INFORMS/ISMS for at least 12 years cumulative. The selection committee will verify this once a person has been nominated. The selection committee will examine four categories when deciding on the awardees.
- Research ? Includes impact through quality and quantity of published work in INFORMS journals, and recognition through ISMS/INFORMS awards (e.g., Bass, Little, and other INFORMS awards).
- Education ? Includes activities that had significant impact on the growth and development of education such as published books and monographs, and chairing doctoral dissertations.
- Service ? Includes significant work over an extended period of time on behalf of ISMS. Examples include senior editorial responsibilities in INFORMS journals (such as Editor-in-Chief of Marketing Science, marketing departmental editor of Management Science, area editor of Marketing Science) organizing the Marketing Science Conference and other ISMS and INFORMS conferences, and holding office in ISMS and INFORMS.
- Practice ? Includes substantial application of OR/MS to significant practical problems within an organization of any type (e.g. academic, for-profit, nonprofit, governmental, military, health care), over an extended period of time, that have had a major impact internal and/or external to the organization. The ISMS Practice Prize and the Edelman Award will be duly recognized.
Nomination letters should be accompanied by the nominee?s current vita as well as significant detail supporting the nomination. For example, for research this additional information might include indications of impact such as follow-on work, use in doctoral seminars, impact on the practice of marketing, etc. (The committee will do a citation analysis of the publications in the vita.) For education, it would be helpful to list doctoral students as well as any publications that have a strong educational content. For practice it would be useful to get someone within the organization to comment on the impact of the application. Service contributions should be self-evident, but it would still be useful to list them. Please limit the nomination letter to three pages or less. This page constraint does not include the current vita or the supporting information.
The 2013 ISMS Marketing Science Fellows will be announced at the 35th Marketing Science Conference in Istanbul on Friday, July 12, 2013.
Inaugural Fellows 2008
Frank M. Bass
John D.C. Little
David B. Montgomery*
Glen L. Urban
* denotes 2013 ISMS Marketing Science Fellows Selection Committee
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership