Business Communications in the Changing IT Environment, Special issue of Intl J Information Systems and Management, Edited by Dong H. Lee and Kyungsub S. Choi; Deadline 31 Oct 2012
Call for Papers for Special Issue
“Business Communications in the Changing IT Environment”
International Journal of Information Systems and Management (IJISAM)
(IJISAM – Peer Reviewed Journal dedicated to Research in Information Systems and Management ISSN (Online): 1751-3235 – ISSN (Print): 1751-3227)
Journal Homepage: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijisam
Submission deadline: October 31, 2012
We are pleased to announce that IJISAM will publish a special issue “Business Communications in the Changing IT Environment” and invite you to submit your original research work for this special issue.
A tidal wave of new information technologies such as the smartphones, tablet PCs, and other mobile technologies has ushered in fundamental changes in many areas of society and the business community. The new communications platforms offer opportunities as well as uncertainties both to the IT designers and business professionals. Social media communications, personalized messages, teleconferencing, on-line supply chains of corporations, digital wallet, and adoption of ever-evolving mobile communication devices are constantly shaping and reshaping the business model in contemporary E-Commerce. Communications in business are at the forefront of this changing IT environment, undergoing the most significant changes. In the face of the huge potential as well as risks in business communications engendered by this changing IT environment, our knowledge is still in an incipient stage – how this fast changing IT environment is affecting many areas of business, how to harness these changes to enhance the efficiency of business communications, what are the potential dangers and pitfalls, and how to avoid them.
In this special issue, we would like to include papers dealing with the above themes from unique and different perspectives from a wide range of business disciplines. We invite researchers in all disciplines of business, including information systems, marketing, management, finance, economics, accounting, history, and law, to submit their up-to-date, cutting-edge research fitting in this exciting topic. Empirical, conceptual, and theoretical works are welcome. Thoughtful review articles and case studies that bring important practical knowledge and insights in the following areas are equally welcome.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Perspectives and insights into the business communications affected by social media and mobile communication devices
- A thoughtful review of business communications under different IT environments of modern business
- Benefits and pitfalls of social media and/or mobile technology in business communications
- Psychological and behavioral considerations in the use of social media and/or mobile technology in marketing and other business practices
- Distinctive managerial practices or behavioral understanding involving social media communication and mobile devices
- Efficacy of social media and mobile technology in marketing and/or inter-organizational communications
- Economic impact of social media and/or mobile technology on marketing and other business practices
- Current and future practices in business-to-business communications based on social media and/or mobile technology
- Current and future practices in communications to and from consumers based on social media and/or mobile technology
- Current and future practices in sales management based on social media and/or new mobile technology
- Current and future practices of use of a new communication platform in various areas of business
- Considerations of group dynamics of using social media and mobile technology in communications in business settings
- Impact of the Internet on business communications
- Maximization of the synergy between social media and mobile technology in various areas of business
To submit a paper, please log on to . If you experience any problems submitting your paper online, please contact email@example.com, describing the exact nature of the problem you experience. (Please include in your email: the title of the Journal, special issue, and the name of one of the guest editors). Submission deadline is October 31, 2012.
For other general questions about this special issue, you may also contact the guest editors:
Dr. Dong H. Lee
School of Business
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, NY 10471
Office: (718) 862 – 7195
Dr. Kyungsub S. Choi
School of Management
Rhode Island College
Providence, RI 02908-1991 ·
Office (401) 456-8412
We are looking forward to receiving your manuscripts.
Dong H. Lee & Kyungsub S. Choi
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership