SCP Travel Scholarship
SCP Diversity Travel Scholarship for travel to the 2013 SCP Conference; Deadline 30 Sep 2012
The Society for Consumer Psychology is pleased to announce a SCP Diversity Travel Scholarship for travel to the 2013 SCP Conference. This travel scholarship is intended to support the goal of increasing ethnic minority doctoral students’ participation in the society and supporting the professional development of ethnic minority doctoral students interested in consumer psychology. Applicants must be from one of the following underrepresented populations: African American, Hispanic American, or Native American. Deadline: September 30, 2012. Please visit www.myscp.org for more information.
The objective of the Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee of the Society for Consumer Psychology is to enhance understanding of culture and ethnicity by 1) increasing ethnic minority participation in the society and 2) fostering communication, coordination, and interaction among all Society members with an interest in ethnic minority research. The committee seeks to play a key role in shaping policies of the Society involving the professional development of ethnic minority members and the inclusion of ethnic minority research.
The Society for Consumer Psychology is pleased to announce a SCP Diversity Travel Scholarship.
Travel Scholarship Objective:
To support the goals of the Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee by increasing active participation and foster future leadership in SCP among diverse doctoral student groups that are underrepresented in marketing and consumer psychology, specifically African American, Hispanic American, and Native American doctoral students.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- They must be from one of the following populations underrepresented in the marketing profession: African American, Hispanic American, or Native American.
- They must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident.
- They must be enrolled, on campus, in a full-time doctoral program, and have successfully completed at least one year and be in good standing.
Please send an email to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
- Email Header: ETHNIC MINORITY TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Statement of need (please respond to the following question; percentage should total 100%):
If you do not receive the travel scholarship, how will you fund travel to the conference?
_____ % Out of Pocket
_____ % From Your University / Department
_____ % From Other Sources
- Submission of a Special Session, Competitive Paper, or Working Paper is required for travel scholarship consideration. Please indicate the title of your paper, the co-authors on the paper (if any), and the type of submission. Please follow the guidelines outlined by the call for papers for submission of your paper or abstract.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s advisor or Doctoral Program Coordinator. The recommendation can be emailed to the email address above.
- Deadline: All materials must be received by September 30, 2012.
- Award will be in the form of a travel reimbursement to attend the 2013 SCP Conference.
- This travel scholarship will reimburse uncovered reasonable travel expenses to support the goal of increasing ethnic minority doctoral students’ participation in the society and supporting the professional development of ethnic minority doctoral students interested in consumer psychology (e.g., economy class flight, standard conference hotel room for the duration of the conference, and registration reimbursement).
- Evaluation would be conducted by a reviewer panel comprised of active members in the Society. Committee will consider: quality of submission to the annual SCP conference, letter of recommendation, and financial need.
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership