Revisit: Fall MMA 2012
17th Annual Marketing Management Association Fall Educators' Conference, Minneapolis, 19-21 Sep 2012, Chair Brian A. Vander Schee; Deadline 8 Jun
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting|
17th Annual MMA Fall Educators’ Conference, September 19-21, 2012
Call for Papers
Conference Theme: All Things Millennial
Like me, Follow me, Endorse me, lol – the language of Millennials is firmly established in the collegiate classroom – on campus and online. This raises some important ideas about what we know (or thought we knew) about effective teaching. The conference theme explores these issues with a focus on bridging Millennials’ expectations and faculty expertise.
Sample Topics for Position Papers, Panels, and Refereed Papers:
- Active learning strategies or activities
- Case development and delivery
- Social media learning strategies
- Management of group projects or presentations
- Online instructional tools
- Effectively using simulations
- Reaching Millennials in the classroom
- Pedagogical styles for particular business courses
- Assessment of learning goals or outcomes
- Demonstrating teaching effectiveness
- Student evaluation of teaching effectiveness
- Relevance of business curriculum in industry
- Examining business education pedagogy
- Involving undergraduate students in research
- Employing new qualitative or quantitative research tools
- Collaborative approaches in research inquiry
- The value of private or consulting research
- Strategies for publishing and presentations
- Peer evaluation of performance
- Faculty leadership and administration concerns
- Faculty involvement in curriculum development
- Community service and outreach programs
Position Paper Submissions:
Submission Guidelines: Position papers should include a cover page with each author’s name, affiliation, address, email and telephone number. Position papers are limited to two double-spaced pages (not including the cover page).
Position Paper Organization: (1) Introduce the problem or situation you will explore in your presentation, (2) Provide a brief context for the situation – this may or may not include references, (3) Offer your solution (what was done) or recommended course of action (what should be done), (4) Mention any challenges or alternative perspectives, and then (5) Conclude with suggested future research or further exploration needed.
How to Submit: Email attach WORD position papers to Brian A. Vander Schee at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2012. At least one author must attend the conference.
Panel Proposal Submissions:
Contact the Fall Conference Program Chair, Brian A. Vander Schee at email@example.com to suggest a topic or to inquire about topics already approved for the program and in need of panelists.
Refereed Paper Submissions:
Submission Guidelines: Refereed papers should not exceed 12 double-spaced pages including references, tables and figures. Each paper is to have a cover page with each author’s name, affiliation, address, email and telephone number. Multiple authorships should indicate the contact person. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the body of the paper. The title of the paper should appear on the first page of the manuscript, followed by a 100 word abstract, single spaced. The remainder of the paper should be double spaced and should strictly adhere to APA reference style. Best refereed paper award will be given at the conference.
How to Submit: Email attach WORD refereed papers to Brian A. Vander Schee at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2012. At least one author must attend the conference.
For full conference details, visit www.mmaglobal.org then select Conferences and then Fall Conference
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership