Revisit: PDMA Research Forum 2012
Product Development and Management Association Research Forum, Orlando, FL, 20-21 Oct 2012; Deadline now 14 May
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting|
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (PDMA)
Call for Papers – 2012 Annual PDMA Research Forum
Submission deadline EXTENDED to: May 14, 2012
Research Forum Dates: October 20-21, 2012 Research Forum Venue: Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, Orlando, Florida
PDMA’s Annual Research Forum is the premier conference for discourse on new product development (NPD) and innovation research. It is an important forum for intellectual exchange and state-of-the-art research on all aspects of NPD-innovation. For researchers, it is a stimulating international milieu for developing research partnerships and interacting with other academics and with managers. For managers, the forum provides an opportunity to learn of the latest research completed or in progress and reflect on their own practice.
2012 Annual Research Forum’s co-chairs are Roger J. Calantone of Michigan State University and Serdar S. Durmusoglu of the University of Dayton. The co-chairs invite manuscripts, working paper poster sessions, extended abstracts, special session proposals or proposals for panel discussions that explore new theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, or strategies for success in NPD-innovation management. The co-chairs welcome papers on all subjects of NPD-innovation, including, but not limited to, the design and development of new products, service innovation, collaborative new product development, customer co-creation, user generated content and innovation, leveraging Web 2.0 for NPD, organizing for NPD-innovation, global launch strategies, interorganizational network effects, diffusion of innovations, reverse innovation, sustainable new product development, social networks, and open innovation.
Studies using new innovative and cross-disciplinary methods besides the traditional methods of survey, experiments, and historical data are encouraged. The co-chairs are interested in papers from all academic areas related to NPD-innovation, including the disciplines of marketing, operations management, management, entrepreneurship, engineering, design, finance, and information systems. Submissions from all corners of the globe are welcome.
To encourage a breadth of research for high-quality discourse on NPD-innovation, the co-chairs invite authors to select from four different submission types:
- Extended Abstract – The extended abstract provides an opportunity to address emerging topics. Submissions should be about 750 words in length. This abstract should identify the central research question, introduce the most important references and describe the research implications. Abstracts will be evaluated based on the quality, originality, and value of the research in contributing to knowledge and managerial practice.
- Competitive Paper – These papers represent the completed work of their authors. The manuscript for review should be no more that 20 double-spaced pages with Times New Roman 12 point font size and should follow the manuscript guidelines of the Journal of Product Innovation Management (http://www.wiley.com/bw/submit.asp?ref=0737-6782&site=1).
This year, the Research Forum offers the following awards to competitive paper submissions:
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award – Doctoral students are particularly encouraged to submit papers for this conference.
These include a monetary award and a complimentary registration to the Research Forum.
- Special Session or Panel Discussion – This type of submission provides an opportunity to address an emerging or special interest topic in a special session or for a specific NPD-innovation subject of larger interest in a panel discussion. Special Session submissions should provide a brief abstract that identifies the central research question along with 3-4 papers and their respective authors; abstracts of each of the papers for the proposed special session should also be included. Panel Discussion submissions should provide a brief abstract that identifies the central theme of the proposed discussion and its significance to NPD-innovation along with the position statements of 4-5 respective speakers. Special track session and panel discussion proposals, which should not exceed 7 pages total, will be evaluated based on the quality, originality, and value of the research in contributing to knowledge and managerial practice.
- Working Paper Poster Session – This format allows participants to present preliminary findings from the early stages of a research program. Authors will get a chance to distribute their papers, display their findings poster-style, and discuss their research in an open forum. Submissions should be about 1,000 words in length, and will be evaluated based on the quality of the research and potential contributions to the field.
Sunday Afternoon Session: This year, the co-chairs would like to have a "research round table" type session in an effort to (1) bring together like-minded scholars to share ideas on a fairly focused topic and (2) find synergies with practitioners in terms of understanding their emerging challenges in NPD-innovation and in exploring collaborations for company access, data, etc. The co-chairs hope to invite several submissions from the above four types to this session.
Best Reviewer Award
We also invite you to review papers for this conference. An outstanding reviewer award, based on the timeliness and quality of reviews, will be given.
Submission Guidelines – Papers must be electronically submitted by the deadline (May 7, 2012) to email@example.com. In your email, please indicate 2012 PDMA Research Forum and the type of submission within the subject line. Notifications of acceptance are expected to be made by June 11, 2012. Final versions of all accepted papers must be received by August 31, 2012 for inclusion in the Research Forum Proceedings. If your extended abstract, competitive paper, or working paper submission is accepted, at least one of the authors MUST register for the conference and plan to attend. If at least one author does not register by September 15th, the submission will be dropped from the conference program. For special sessions, all speakers are expected to register for the conference and plan to attend.
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership