SCM in Latin America
Supply chain management in Latin-America, Special issue of Int J Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Edited by Edgar E. Blanco and Ely Laureano Pavia; Deadline 31 Aug 2012
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting|
Call for papers
International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
Special Issue on
Supply chain management in Latin-America
Submission deadline: August 31, 2012
Latin America is experiencing sustained economic growth and increased attention in the global economy. In addition, the field of logistics and supply chain management has gained increased visibility in the business community as it has been identified as a key enabler to achieve the region’s potential. The objective of this special issue is to highlight innovative work in the field of logistics and supply chain management strategy in Latin America. We are looking for articles that advance extant knowledge of the unique characteristics associated ith designing supply chain operations in the region, as well as of novel applications of strategic supply chain and logistics management issues in the Latin America. We seek papers that combine methodological rigor with region-specific data and/or case studies.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Relationship management and procurement strategies.
- Sustainability and green logistics.
- Internal and external integration.
- Risk management in supply chains.
- Urban logistics in Latin-America mega-cities.
- Regional or national network design in Latin America.
- International trade and commerce in global supply chains.
- Innovative use of technology in logistics and supply chain processes.
- Critical review of unique logistics challenges in Latin America.
- Local legislation and its impact in logistics operations.
In preparation of their manuscripts, authors are asked to follow the Author Guidelines of the International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management. See:
All articles should be submitted in English. We strongly suggest that non-native English speakers have manuscripts proofread prior to submission. Final versions of accepted papers will be translated into Spanish and/or Portuguese.
All submissions should be made though ScholarOne Manuscripts, following the guidelines below.
Registering on ScholarOne Manuscripts?
To submit your paper online you must create an author account:
- Log on to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijpdlm
- Click on the ‘‘create account’’ link at the top right of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, filling in the requested details before proceeding.
- Your username will be your e-mail address and you have to input a password of at least eight characters in length and containing two or more numbers.
- Click ‘‘finish’’ and your account has been created.
Submitting an article on ScholarOne Manuscripts
- Once registered, go to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijpdlm with your username and password. This will take you through to the Welcome page.
- To consult the Author Guidelines for this journal, click on the Home Page link in the Resources column on the log-in page.
- Click on the Author Centre button.
- Follow the ‘‘click here to submit a new manuscript’’ link, which will take you through to the Manuscript Submission page.
- Complete all fields and browse to upload your article to the ‘‘SCM in Latin-America’’ special issue.
- You must upload a minimum of three files – your article file (with no author details), a separate title page (with all author contact details) and a structured abstract in a word file.
- When all required sections are completed, preview your .pdf proof.
- Submit your manuscript.
Guidance can be found on the Emerald ScholarOne Manuscripts Support Centre (http://msc.emeraldinsight.com).
If you are unable to find the answer for which you are looking, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
When your paper is successfully submitted you will receive an e-mail indicating that your paper has been received, together with its unique identity number. If you experience any problems please e-mail: email@example.com quoting the journal to which you are submitting and your article title.
Edgar E. Blanco, Research Director, Center for Transportation & Logistics, MIT, USA. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ely Laureano Pavia, Associate Dean, Fundac¸a˜ o Getulio Vargas, Brazil. E-mail: email@example.com
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership