Interactive Digital Media
Business Strategies and Innovation Models for Interactive Digital Media Enterprises, Special issue of International Journal of Electronic Business; Deadline 1 Jul 2012
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting|
International Journal of Electronic Business (IJEB)
Published Bimonthly by Inderscience Enterprises Ltd., Geneva, Switzerland
ISSN (Online): 1741-5063 – ISSN (Print): 1470-6067
Listed in ABI/INFORM, Cabell’s Directory, Business Source Premier, Business ASAP International, Computer and Information Systems, Computer Science Index, EI-Inspec, Pascal, Scirus
*** Call For papers ***
Special Issue on: "Business Strategies and Innovation Models for Interactive Digital Media Enterprises"
- Ravi S. Sharma, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Patrik Wikström, University of Jankoping, Sweden
- Francis Pereira, University of Southern California, USA
The development of interactive digital technologies affects significant portions of the economy, but IDM enterprises face managerial challenges which are in many ways different from firms in “non-IDM” industries. For instance, the markets for digital goods and services are characterized by
- lower-cost, higher-velocity transactions, reproduction and distribution of digital products and services;
- strong network effects that drive consumers to digital products and services;
- technological requirements for intellectual property and digital rights management.
IDM enterprises are dominated by the frequent entry and exit of new firms alongside the transformation of legacy enterprises. These factors raise several fundamental questions.
- How do digital enterprises incorporate these unique characteristics in traditional growth and innovation models?
- How may IDM enterprises exploit these technological disruptions?
- What frameworks and models apply to IDM enterprises in their value creation and capture activities?
This Special Issue seeks to explore some of these questions from the lenses of: business modelling, growth and innovation strategy design, and emerging value chains for the IDM business ecosystem. It will address questions of how IDM enterprises may enter turbulent markets and grow by the design of a business model driving a strategy. Zott and Amit (2008, p.5) define strategy as “a pattern of managerial actions that explains how a firm achieves and maintains competitive advantage through positioning in product markets”; in contrast, the business model is “a structural template of how a focal firm transacts with customers, partners, and vendors.”
We invite submissions of original papers covering theoretical frameworks, empirical investigations and case studies from the academic, research and consulting community.
- Frameworks and models for IDM enterprises and ecosystems
- Effective product development strategies for de novo, late-comer or legacy IDM enterprises
- Disruptive and radical innovation strategies for idm products and services
- Analytical decision frameworks, models and tools for value creation and capture
- Predictors or success factors for IDM enterprise performance
- Theories and case studies of growth and innovation for IDM enterprises
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All submitted papers will be formally reviewed online. Accepted papers must follow the guidelines posted at http://www.icebnet.org/author/ to format the final papers.
- Online Submissions Due: 1 July 2012 (extended)
- 1st Round Review: 30 September 2012
- Revisions Due: 1 January 2013
- Final Acceptance (subject to minor changes): 1 February 2013
Editors and Notes
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please go to the IJEB submissions page at http://iceb.nccu.edu.tw/jms. Electronic submission in PDF format is required. Accepted papers must follow the guidelines posted at http://www.icebnet.org/author/ to format the final papers.
For any questions, please contact:
Dr. Ravi S. Sharma
School of Communication & Information
Nanyang Technological University
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership