SERVSIG Conference Hosts
The AMA Services Marketing SIG calls for proposals for its 2014 International Research Conference
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting|
Call for Proposals
SERVSIG International Research Conference 2014
SERVSIG started its International Research Conferences in 1998. The founding concept was that a different school in a different country would host the conference every two years. To ensure novel and fun service experiences, SERVSIG also promised that the conference would never repeat a city. The SERVSIG International Research Conference has taken place in wonderful places around the world like New Orleans, USA; Sydney, Australia; Reims, France; Singapore; Liverpool, UK; and Porto, Portugal. The 2012 SERVSIG conference will take place in Helsinki, Finland.
With this call for proposals we are seeking the conference host for the SERVSIG conference in 2014. The conferences have typically been held in May or June. The events start on a Thursday evening and finish on a Saturday evening. Care must be taken to avoid dates when other service conferences will occur. In your proposal please insert following information:
- Background – On both the host school and host city.
- Conference Facilities – These can be on on-campus and off-campus.
- Conference Dinners, Receptions, and Other Events – The conference is expected to start with a Thursday reception, and include dinners on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Conference Organization – Who would be the conference co-chairs and who would be the conference support staff? (Note that SERVSIG Officers would also select a conference coordinating committee.)
- Hotel Arrangements – What would be the primary conference hotel? What secondary hotels would be available? What would be the estimated prices?
- Travel Arrangements – What are the nearest international airports, train stations, etc.
- Summary of Projected Attendee Prices – Summarize the projected conference attendee prices for registration, hotel, travel, etc.
- Sightseeing Possibilities in Host City or Surrounding Area – Discuss the city, the region, the country, special attractions, etc.
- Questions regarding the conference can be addressed to Ray Fisk, Conference Curator, Ray.Fisk@txstate.edu.
- Please send your proposal to email@example.com by March 7th, 2012.
- We would like to announce the 2014 conference venue at the Helsinki SERVSIG conference in Helsinki in June 2012.
SERVSIG looks forward to your proposals!
SERVSIG Chair 2011/2012
|The Hardware and Software Behind ELMAR Is Paid for with AMA Dues
Please Support ELMAR by joining the AMA or renewing your membership