Davidson Award 2012
Articles by Min Ding, William T. Ross Jr., and Vithala R. Rao and Debarata Talukdar, Dinesh K. Gauri, and Dhruv Grewal have won 2012 Journal of Retailing Davidson Awards
ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting
2012 Davidson Award Recipients
This year two articles that were published in the Journal of Retailing in 2010 were selected as the co-winners and two additional articles were selected as Honorable Mention winners. Each of these articles reflect originality, technical competence, and a strong contribution to the theory and practice of Marketing and in particular, the area of Retailing. The awards will be presented at the AMA Winter Conference to be held in St. Petersburg, Florida (Feb. 17 – 19, 2012) during the Davidson Award session.
The winners are:
First Place: Co-Winners
Ding, Min, William T. Ross Jr., and Vithala R. Rao (2010), “Price as an Indicator of Quality: Implications for Utility and Demand Functions,” Journal of Retailing, 86 (1), 69-84.
Talukdar, Debarata, Dinesh K. Gauri, and Dhruv Grewal (2010), “An Empirical Analysis of the Extreme Cherry Picking Behavior of Consumers in the Frequently Purchased Goods Market,” Journal of Retailing, 86 (4), 336-354.
Honorable Mention Winners
Hall, Joseph M., Praveen K. Kopalle, and Aradhna Krishna (201), “Retailer Dynamic Pricing and Ordering Decisions: Category Management versus Brand-by-Brand Approaches,” Journal of Retailing, 86(2), 172-183.
Lichtenstein, Donald R., Richard G. Netemeyer, and James G. Maxham III (2010), “The Relationships Among Manager-, Employee-, and Customer-Company Identification: Implications For Retail Store Financial Performance,” Journal of Retailing, 86 (1), 85-93.
- Min Ding is Professor of Marketing and Robert G. Schwartz Fellow at Smeal College of Business, the Pennsylvania State University
- Bill Ross is Professor of Marketing and ING Global Professor at the School of Business, University of Connecticut
- Vithala Rao is Professor of Marketing and Deane W. Professor of Management at Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Debarata Talukdar is Professor in the Marketing Department at the University at Buffalo.
- Dinesh Gauri is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
- Dhruv Grewal is Professor of Marketing and the Toyota Chair in Commerce and E-Business at Babson College
- Joseph Hall is Visiting Associate Professor of Business Administration at the Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- Praveen Kopalle is Professor of Marketing at the Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College.
- Aradhna Krishna is Professor of Marketing and Dwight F. Benton Professor of Marketing at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
- Donald Lichtenstein is Provost Professor and Chair of the Division of Marketing at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Richard Netemeyer is the Ralph E. Beeton Professor of Free Enterprise in the Marketing Division and Senior Associate Dean at the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- James Maxham is the Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Company Professor of Commerce and Associate Dean for the B.S. in Commerce at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville