AMA/ACRA Triennial Conference
AMA Retailing & Pricing SIG and American Collegiate Retailing Assoc 1st Triennial Conf, Seattle, 18-21 Apr 2012, Chairs Dhruv Grewal, Rodney Runyan, Barry Berman and Anne Roggeveen; Deadline 31 Oct
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: Retailing and Pricing SIG|
FIRST TRIENNIAL CONFERENCE
Seattle, WA: April 18-21, 2012
Sponsored jointly by the American Marketing Association Retailing & Pricing SIG and the American Collegiate Retailing Association
The conference will be held April 18-21 at the Hotel Monaco. The Hotel Monaco is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, near historic Pioneer square and Pike Place Market.
Dhruv Grewal – Babson College
Rodney Runyan – University of Tennessee
Barry Berman – Hofstra University
Anne Roggeveen – Babson College
Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
The deadline for paper submissions is October 31, 2011 and decisions will be provided by December 1. A number of special sessions will also be presented.
Accommodations and Conference Fee
Our host hotel will be the Hotel Monaco Seattle; special room rates of $160 available for attendees (same rate for doubles). Reservations: call 206-516-5097 and reference “AMA/ACRA Group” for the special rate (available until 3-28-12). The conference fee is $350 and includes one dinner, two luncheons, continental breakfast each day, and a wine/snacks reception each evening.
Authors have two options to submit papers to the Conference: extended abstracts or full papers.
- Submit an extended abstract (up to 5 pages) to Conference Co-Chairs. These will be reviewed for acceptance by Co-Chairs only.
- Submit a full paper (25 pages maximum) to the appropriate Track Chair. These will be double-blind reviewed.
- NOTE: only full papers will be considered for Best Paper awards and for potential publication in the Special Issue.
We will provide one Best Conference Paper Award and a several Honorable Mentions. The best paper candidates will be nominated by track chairs and selected by the conference co-chairs and/or a panel of distinguished scholars.
Best Papers to be published in a Special Issue of Journal of Marketing Management
Each track chairperson will recommend 1-3 papers in his/her track as suitable for inclusion in a special issue in JMM, scheduled to be published in the March, 2013 issue. The author(s) of the selected papers will be given an opportunity to revise the paper and have it sent out for a competitive review. The guest editors of the special issue will ultimately select six papers for inclusion in this special issue. Authors of these articles must agree to fulfill the editorial requirements of the guest editors, JMM editorial guidelines, and to submit their revised paper in a timely manner as necessary for publishing deadlines by JMM.
Call for Workshop Proposals
Workshops designed to improve teaching, research, writing or presentation skills are welcome. Additionally, workshops focused on industry topics are also encouraged. Proposals can be submitted using the same timeline as manuscripts. Workshops should be designed for delivery within a 60 minute period.
Making the Research Process Successful: This special session will feature AMA and ACRA members who have been highly successful in the research and publication process. Actual presenters will be announced in the full conference program forthcoming.
Special Tours: The Conference Co-Chairs are working to put together some great local tours. Potential companies are Nordstrom’s and Costco home offices/flagship stores.
Special Doctoral Paper Session: A special track for doctoral student papers will be held, featuring AMA/ACRA members as track discussants. This track will be highly competitive with only 3-4 papers selected for inclusion (those not selected will be sent to the appropriate track for inclusion). Discussants will each review the selected papers, and provide in writing and verbally, a critique of the paper, with the aim of helping the doctoral student improve his/her skills at preparing a journal-ready manuscript.
General Rules for Competitive Papers and Extended Abstracts
Please submit your paper or extended abstract as a WORD attachment to the appropriate track chair (competitive papers) or conference co-chair (extended abstract) before October 31, 2011. The paper’s cover page should indicate the contact author & all contact information.
Extended abstracts can be up to 5 double-spaced pages including cover page and references. Extended abstracts will be reviewed for acceptance by Co-Chairs only.
Competitive papers should not exceed 25 double-spaced typed pages, including cover page, exhibits, references, and appendices.
- Competitive papers will be double-blind reviewed. Name(s) of the author(s), their affiliations, and the title of the paper should only appear on the title page. Authors should not reveal their identities in any way in the manuscript.
- The title of the paper – but not the name(s) of the author(s) – should be at the top of page 1 followed by a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should be double-spaced and follow APA style.
- To be considered for acceptance, the paper/ or a similar version of it MUST NOT: a) have been previously published, b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere, c) be under consideration for publication elsewhere, or d) be submitted for review elsewhere during the conference review process.
- At least one author of an accepted paper MUST agree to: a) pre-register for the conference upon acceptance; b) appear at the conference to present the paper.
- Authors whose papers have been selected for inclusion in the Special Issue of the Journal of Marketing Management agree to have their article published in the Special Issue.
- Authors uncertain regarding the track to which their paper should be sent may submit manuscripts directly to Rodney Runyan email@example.com who will forward the work to the appropriate track.
Extended Abstracts: Send to Britt Hackmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) – These will be forwarded to the conference co-chairs.
Papers: Send full-length papers (eligible for Best Paper and journal publication) to:
Atmosphere, Branding & Pricing: Send your manuscript to: Sujay Dutta, Wayne State University: email@example.com or Youn-Kyung Kim, University of Tennessee: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-tailing, Technology, Social Media, Multichannel Retailing & Services: Send your manuscript to: Jane Zhu, Suffolk University: email@example.com or Wi Suk Kwon, Auburn University: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer/Shopper Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty: Send your manuscript to: Nancy M. Puccinelli, Oxford University: email@example.com or Yingjiao Xu, North Carolina State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Global & Cross Cultural Retailing: Send your manuscript to: Ann Marie Doherty, University of Glamorgan: email@example.com or Ying Huang, University of Arizona: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategy, Human Resources, Merchandising & Promotion: Send your manuscript to: John Gaskins, Longwood University email@example.com or Marguerite Moore, North Carolina State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrepreneurship, Rural Retailing, Supply Chain & Sustainability: Send your manuscript to: Linda Niehm, Iowa State University: email@example.com or Lauren Skinner Beitelspacher, Portland State University: Beitel@pdx.edu
Special Doctoral Track Papers for this session may be on any topic, including those from the listed tracks. Papers submitted here which are not ultimately accepted for the special session, will be placed into the appropriate general research track. Send your manuscript for this special session only to: Rodney Runyan, University of Tennessee: firstname.lastname@example.org