Spring MMA 2012
Marketing Management Association Spring Conference 2012, Chicago, 28-30 Mar 2012, Chair Stacey Hills; Deadline 21 Oct
MMA – Marketing Management Association
CALL FOR PAPERS 2012 MMA Spring Conference Values and Vision: Marketing in Times of Change
Chicago IL March 28-30, 2011
Summer is in full swing – now is the time to plan your article submission and registration for the Marketing Management Association’s 2012 Spring Conference. Sure to be an outstanding event, it will be held once again at the beautiful and historic Drake Hotel (www.thedrakehotel.com) on the Gold Coast along Chicago’s Michigan Avenue, March 28-30, 2012.
The theme for 2012 is Values and Vision: Marketing in Times of Change. Building on our many past successes, this three-day venue attracts innovative marketing educators and scholars worldwide, affording the opportunity to share one’s insights and ingenuity in the form of scholarly presentations, panel sessions, discussions, and more.
The submission deadline is Friday, October 21, 2011. Our track chairs include some of the most talented and capable people in the Marketing Management Association and represent a variety of disciple areas (see next page). Competitive submissions and workshop/special panel session proposals are being accepted.
In addition, reviewers, session chairs and discussants are needed. To volunteer or to submit your competitive paper, please contact the appropriate track chair. Workshop and special session proposals should be submitted to Dr. Stacey Hills (see below).
Hope to see you in 2012!
Spring Conference Program Chair and President-elect of MMA:
Clinical Associate Professor of Marketing
Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, Utah State University
3505 Old Main Hill ? Logan, UT 84322-3505
email@example.com ? tel: (435) 797-8201 ? fax: (435) 797-2362
University of Akron
Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg
Drury University/Milliken University
Integrated Marketing Communications
Brian Vander Schee
California State University, Fresno
California State University, San Marcos
Marketing Strategy: Product & Pricing Issues
Sales & Sales Management
Texas Tech University
Services & Retail Mgmt John Cherry Southeast Missouri State University
Social Media Marketing
Sports & Events Marketing
Florida A&M University
firstname.lastname@example.org; 850- 599-8335
Supply Chain, Logistics & B2B Marketing
Northern Illinois University
Technology in Marketing
Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne
Tenth Annual Hormel Foods Corporation
Master Teaching Competition
Middle Tennessee State University
Guidelines for Competitive Papers
Authors should email one (1) copy of their COMPLETED manuscript to the appropriate track chair. Abstracts will not be accepted for competitive paper sessions. Submissions should be sent to only one (1) track. If you are unsure of which track, send your paper to Dr. Stacey Hills (email@example.com), Conference Program Chair.
Submission Deadline: October 21, 2011
Format Guidelines (Essential for acceptance of your manuscript)
- Previous Publication: Papers must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere or be currently under any other review. A statement to this effect should appear in the cover letter or submission email.
- Title Page: Each paper must include a title page with the author name(s), affiliation, address, email, telephone and FAX numbers. A contact person should be indicated for papers with multiple authors. Email is the preferred method of author contact. The title page must be the ONLY source of author identities.
- Abstract: The title of the paper should appear on the first page of the manuscript, followed by a single-spaced abstract (100 words max).
- Length: Papers should not exceed 12 double-spaced, word-processed pages including references, tables and figures.
- Reference Style: Please use the Journal of Marketing reference style.
- Conference Registration: Papers will be blind-refereed by a minimum of two reviewers. For all accepted papers, at least one author must pre-register and attend the 2012 conference to present the paper. Pre-registrations are expected at the time of acceptance.
- Revisions: Authors of accepted papers must agree to revise papers if requested by their Track Chair in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to, revision to the Journal of Marketing format guidelines.
Workshops and Special Sessions
Workshops and special session proposals focusing on Values and Vision: Marketing in Times of Change are requested. Those that include participation of practitioners are particularly encouraged. Please submit a one-page, single-spaced proposal to Dr. Stacey Hills, Conference Program Chair.
Submission Deadline: October 21, 2011
Track and overall conference awards, as well as the Hormel Foods Corporation Master Teaching Competition winner will be announced at the conference awards luncheon. Best papers will be given special consideration for publication in one of our two MMA journals, the Marketing Management Journal (MMJ) or Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education (JAME).
For more information about the Marketing Management Association and its conferences, please visit the MMA website: http://www.mmaglobal.org or contact Dr. Stacey Hills, Conference Program Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)