2011 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business Southeast USA Chapter, Orlando, 26-28 Oct 2011, Chairs Ilan Alon and Daniel Rottig; Deadline 15 Jun
The 2011 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business Southeast USA Chapter (AIB-SE) will be held at Rollins College (the US News & World Report #1 ranked US University of the South) in Orlando, Florida, on October 26 – 28, 2011. We invite scholars as well as graduate and undergraduate students to submit papers, panels and presentation proposals addressing international business topics in general, and thematic papers focusing on emerging markets are encouraged.
The conference centers on the presentation of the newest ideas in international ideas to an international audience of academic scholars and business practitioners. AIB-SE is characterized by a strong developmental focus, providing participants with a supportive and collegial platform to discuss and develop ideas, and mentoring and helping authors enhance their papers for publication.
2011 Keynote Speakers
- Dr. Mary Ann Von Glinow, President of the Academy of International Business, Knight Ridder Eminent Scholar Chair in International Management and Director of the Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at Florida International University
- Dr. Sumit Kundu, Knight-Ridder Research Professor of International Business in the College of Business Administration at Florida International University
Why AIB-SE Conference?
- Opportunity to be published in an international business journal,
- All accepted conference papers and defended dissertation proposals will be published in the 2011 Academy of International Business Southeast USA Conference Proceedings,
- Two William J. Ziegler Student Awards,
- 2011 Rollins Best Conference Paper Awards for Best Overall Conference Paper and for Best Thematic Conference Paper on Emerging Markets,
- 2011 Gold Sponsor Best Reviewer Award, and
- Enjoy subtropical weather and tourist attractions in Orlando, Florida in October!
As part of the conference, AIB-SE will hold a doctoral consortium inviting PhD students to submit research papers and defended dissertation proposals in abbreviated format. A developmental session with senior faculty will provide doctoral students the opportunity to enhance their scholarly work in preparation for publication. AIB-SE will also organize a meet-the-editors session allowing doctoral students to interact with editors and publishers of academic journals.
All papers should be submitted electronically via the AIB-SE’s website (www.aibse.org) by June 15, 2011. To be included in the official Conference Program, at least one author of each paper and all members of a panel proposal must register by October 1, 2011. Papers must conform to the Instructions for Authors of the Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS).
Please send your questions, requests and/or willingness to serve as a reviewer, discussant or session chair to both conference co-chairs (see contact information below).
Ilan Alon, Ph.D.
George D. and Harriet W. Cornell Chair of International Business
Director, The China Center at Rollins College
Department of International Business, 1000 Holt Ave
Rollins College. Winter Park, FL
Daniel Rottig, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Business Strategy and International Business
Department of Management, Lutgert College of Business
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL 33965