The Third International Symposium on Services Science, Szczecin, Poland, 19-21 Sep 2011; Deadline 13 May
Call for Papers
The Third International Symposium on Services Science (ISSS 2011),
Szczecin, Poland, September 19-21
For the third time, the "International Symposium on Services Science (ISSS)" will offer a unique platform for advancing academic research and discussions in Service Science. The acceptance rate of last year’s conference was 36%. In 2011, ISSS will be part of the Federated Conference On Computer Science and Information Systems 2011 (FedCSIS 2011), which also attracts a large variety of researchers from other computer science fields.
ISSS welcomes research from academia and practice on Service Science, which includes general concepts, design principles and paradigms, engineering methodologies and all activities associated with managing IT-based services. Topics of ISSS 2011 include but are not limited to:
- Service science theories and principles
- Service design and engineering
- Service innovation and management
- Service marketing
- Service modeling and simulation
- Service industrialization und standardization
- Service pricing and revenue strategies and organization models for services
- Service configuration and evaluation
- Service systems complexity
- Service components and architecture
- Service platforms for orchestrating and maintaining services
- Service governance
- Service customization and localization
- Service operation
- Service technologies
- Service science in application domains, such as logistics, finance, automotive, etc.
REVIEW OF SUBMITTED PAPERS
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous double blind peer review process and must not exceed 5000 words. Papers should be submitted in the format specified in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library publication guidelines (detailed descriptions can be found under Information for Authors at the FedCSIS website). Only the title should be shown at the first page, without the author’s information. The submission should clearly relate to the topics of the conference. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the conference.
Papers accepted and presented at any Event will be published digitally in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library proceedings and on USB memory stick given to FedCSIS participants. The IEEE proceedings will be entitled "2011 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS)" and will be published under an ISBN number and under nonexclusive copyright. Following the conference, authors of selected research papers may be invited to submit an improved and/or extended version of their paper to scientific journals, i.e. Electronic Markets – The International Journal on Networked Business or the International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, and the International Journal of Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology (IJSSSMET).
- Submission of symposium papers: May 31, 2011
- Notification of acceptance : June 30, 2011
- Final submission and registration: July 31, 2011
- Conference date: September 19-21, 2011
FURTHER INFORMATION AND CONTACT DETAILS