AMA Seeks Digital Editor
The AMA is seeking a Digital Editor responsible for developing, acquiring, editing and publishing online content that meets the informational needs of the AMA?s Marketing Academic audience
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: The Academic Resource Center|
Academic Resource Center Digital Editor
Who We Are:
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America, with over 35,000 members representing today’s leading marketing academics, researchers and practitioners from every industry. Marketers in every area of marketing rely on the AMA as their trusted resource for information, resources, education and professional networking. AMA’s website, MarketingPower.com, is the everyday connection to marketing data, articles, case studies, best practices and a robust job bank.
Primary Purpose and Job Function:
The AMA is seeking a Digital Editor to join its online content team. This is a part-time, stipend-based position for which the candidate may opt to work remotely. The individual will be responsible for developing, acquiring, editing and publishing online content that meets the informational needs of the AMA’s Marketing Academic audience. This person will bring a thorough understanding of the academic constituency in the field of marketing as well as top-notch project management and editorial skills. Candidates must be able to multitask, communicate will with a diverse group of individuals within a niche audience and perform in a team-oriented environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a web editorial leader within our highly skilled and strategic team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Digital Editor will collaborate to build and implement a strategic process for growing online content for the Marketing Academic audience. This individual will help establish a content roadmap for this website channel, keep abreast of the latest academic news and trends, identify potential academic-related alliances, and assist the AMA’s Academic Council in meeting its online informational goals and objectives.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a roadmap for building new content for the channel which meets the needs of the AMA’s academic members including identifying content sources, building alliances, acquiring and publishing content within the AMA’s content management system
- Based on pre-established policies and procedures, report and communicate progress on filling content gaps and enhancing the quality of content within the channel
- Manage and maintain annual Conference Proceedings materials and archive
- Promote the AMA brand including appropriate academic-related events, publications, awards and resources within the channel
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues and develop plans to address these topics within channel content
- Maintain up-to-date listings of key academic-related information including but not limited to: competitions, Call for Paper deadlines, position openings, SIG activities and education institution marketing programs
- Proactively promote and enhance AMA offline academic SIG activities
- Conduct regular audits of channel content and provide assessments of ways to enhance the navigation, organization and user-friendliness of channel
- Assist in the production of the quarterly Marketing Academics@AMA newsletter by providing appropriate content sources and information resources
- Assume full ownership of ARC Channel and create summary pages for channel content including landing pages and link infrastructure based on best practices
- Assist in content development and promotion of Academic-related information within the AMA Community
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be creative, detail-oriented and extremely organized, with good planning skills and a strong sense of ownership. Excellent writing and editing skills are essential, as is the ability to think strategically.
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of the academic field and related issues including teaching practices, curriculum and assessment, undergraduate and graduate career development, academic journals, academic publishing, and research theories and sources
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the marketing education field; a doctoral student in the field of marketing is highly desirable
- Demonstrated project management, strategic thinking and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed
- Exemplary writing, editing and research skills
- A bachelor degree; a graduate degree in a marketing-related field is highly preferable
- Experience with tagged data; knowledge of HTML, XML and CSS is desirable
In return, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your career in an exciting, challenging company environment. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter to Becky Youngberg @email@example.com.