Revisit: Higher Ed Marketisation
Marketisation, Marketing and Higher Education, Special issue of Journal of Marketing Management, Edited by Jane Hemsley-Brown and Anthony Lowrie; Deadline 31 Oct 2010
| ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting
areas: management: call
|Related ARContent: Journal of Marketing Management|
JOURNAL OF MARKETING MANAGEMENT
SPECIAL ISSUE: CALL FOR PAPERS
‘The Marketisation and Marketing of Higher Education’
Guest Editors: Jane Hemsley-Brown and Anthony Lowrie
Editors of this special issue of JMM on “Marketisation, Marketing and Higher Education” invite papers which critically engage with theoretical and empirical issues, drawn from as wide a range of perspectives as possible in the context of markets, marketisation, ethics and higher education, in an international context. Papers which meet the following objectives would be welcome:
Papers which aim to
- Bridge the disciplines of marketing and higher education and address the emerging issues, debates, and research findings concerning the role that marketing has to play in policy making and the management of universities world-wide.
- Explore evaluate and critically analyse the overall management of the marketing function within higher education institutions, with particular focus on issues of concern to policy makers and senior managers in universities.
- Present rigorous empirical research results related to all aspects of HE marketing, student choice behaviour and economic issues related to marketisation.
- Present a discursive view of critical theory, conceptual developments in HE marketing and marketisation.
- Debate and theorise about the role of marketing as an orientation of management at the strategic level in higher education institutions worldwide.
Paper covering the any of the following topics would be welcome:
- Marketing philosophy and ideology in higher education management
- The role of marketing in strategic higher education planning
- Markets, consumers and stakeholders
- Internationalisation strategies
- Widening participation and marketisation
- Relationship marketing and service quality in higher education
- Analysis of choice and decision making in higher education
- Ethical issues in the marketisation of higher educational
- The management of marketing-led change in higher education
- The development, application and utilization of marketing theory to higher education
- Resource allocation and finance in strategic and marketing planning
- International marketing in higher education issues and dilemmas
- Marketing effectiveness at the operational and strategic levels
- Higher education economics, research, theory and critique
All manuscripts submitted must strictly follow the guidelines for the Journal of Marketing Management.
The closing date for submissions is 31st October 2010 for publication in October 2011. Review process and final papers will be completed by July 2011. Manuscripts should be sent via email to both the guest editors at the addresses below and should be accompanied by a completed and signed Article Submission Form.
Dr Jane Hemsley-Brown
Senior Lecturer in Marketing
School of Management
University of Surrey
Guildford, GU2 7XH, UK
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Anthony Lowrie
Associate Professor of Marketing
College of Business and Industry
Minnesota State University Moorhead
1104 Seventh Avenue South
Moorhead, Minnesota 56563
Email to: email@example.com