Chinese International Investments
Book to be edited by Ilan Alon, Marc Fetscherin and Philippe Gugler; Deadline 1 Jun 2010
CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS
“Chinese International Investments”
Editors: Ilan Alon, Marc Fetscherin, Philippe Gugler
Foreword: Peter Buckley
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
This book will provide authoritative academic and professional insights into Chinese International Investments in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. Distinguished authors from across the world are sought to make a contribution to the growing literature on OFDI (outward foreign direct investment) and portfolio investment from China.
The book will offer a wide range of up-to-date academic insights and findings, including lessons to be learned from historical developments (success and failure stories), an evaluation of current trends (role of China) and the motives and modes of entries. Industry studies, case studies, theoretical contributions and empirical examinations are sought.
Possible topics include
- Trend, Development and Growth of Chinese ODFI
- Motives, factors and impacts of Chinese ODFI
- Influence of government policies on international investments from China
- Different modes of Chinese ODFI
- Sovereign Wealth Funds of China
- Geographical focus of Chinese OFDI in Europe, Africa, America, Asia
- Forms of engagement with foreign firms used by internationalizing Chinese firms (e.g. partnerships, acquisitions, OEM, ODM, OBM, etc)
- The impact of Chinese ODFI on the global political, environmental and business environment
- Corporate Governance, Ownership and role of State of Chinese ODFI
- Similarities and differences between SOE and POE of Chinese ODFI
- China’s policies towards acquisition of natural and strategic resources
- Chinese ODFI and Exchange Rate, foreign currency management
- Chinese ODFI and possible roles in a globalized world after the financial crisis
- Influence on worldwide mergers and acquisitions, networks and cross-country collaboration
- Resource seeking, market seeking or strategic asset seeking Chinese ODFI
We encourage prospective authors to address a variety of questions while applying multilevel methods in an international or comparative context.
Timeline / Deadline
- Chapter submission deadline: June 1st, 2010
- Notification of acceptance: September 1st, 2010
- Tentative publication: 2011
All manuscripts will be reviewed as a cohort for this edited book. Manuscripts must be submitted by latest 1st June, 2010 to be considered. All submissions will go through a review process. Please follow the following format and referencing style outlined on our book website www.chinese-fdi.com (similar to JIBS guidelines).
For further information about this Call for Chapters, please contact the editorial team. Please submit your manuscript by e-mail to Marc Fetscherin (firstname.lastname@example.org) Put in the subject line "Book Chapter – Chinese International Investments".
Dr. Ilan Alon, Cornell Professor of International Business & Director of The China Center at Rollins College, Asia Programs Visiting Scholar, Harvard University (email@example.com)
Dr. Marc Fetscherin, Assistant Professor, Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College, Asia Programs Visiting Scholar, Harvard University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Philippe Gugler, Director of Center of Competitiveness, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (email@example.com)
For more information, visit the book website