Effective Marketing Spending
Marketing Science Institute Conference on Effective Marketing Spending, Los Angeles, 2-3 Mar 2010
MSI Conference: Effective Marketing Spending
03/02/10 – 03/03/10
University of California, Los Angeles
Academics are encouraged to attend this MSI event. Space is extremely limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come basis.
Marketing’s goals—such as building the brand or securing customer loyalty—are not easily translated into effective budgets. Yet these budget allocation decisions are known to be critical to the revenue, market-share, and profit performance of firms.
This conference will focus on sound principles for effective marketing resource allocation, and the ways in which leading-edge companies put these principles to work. The event will be structured around three modules that become more strategic in focus as the conference progresses. Each module will feature an overview of governing principles, two case studies, and an audience discussion of challenges that require future research attention.
SPEAKERS AND PANELISTS TO DATE
- Ruth N. Bolton, Executive Director, Marketing Science Institute
- Randolph E. Bucklin, UCLA
- Sunil Gupta, Harvard Business School
- Dominique Hanssens, UCLA
- James Henney, Senior Vice President, Customer Insights, Wells Fargo & Company
- Donna Hoffman, University of California-Riverside
- Ram Krishnamurthy, Global Director, New Tools and Processes, The Coca-Cola Company
- Bryan Maach, Vice President, Market Research & Analysis, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Murali Mantrala, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Scott C. McDonald, Senior Vice President, Market Research, Condé Nast Publications, Inc.
- John Meyers, Executive Director, Strategic Planning and Operations, Amgen, Inc.
- Venkatesh Shankar, Texas A&M University
- Jim Stengel, President/CEO, Jim Stengel, LLC, and Adjunct Marketing Professor, UCLA
- Crina Tarasi, Central Michigan University
- Gerard J. Tellis, University of Southern California
- Russell Winer, New York University