Anatomy of Services Branding, Special issue of Journal of Services Marketing, Edited by Aron O'Cass; Deadline 31 Aug 2010
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: Journal of Services Marketing|
Call for Papers
Special Issue of Journal of Services Marketing
"Anatomy of Services Branding"
Special Issue Editor:
Aron O’Cass of University of Newcastle, Australia
Contemporary marketing literature has undergone dramatic paradigm shifts in response to the challenges of marketplace changes such as, technology breakthroughs, marketplace turbulence, sophisticated and value-conscious customers. In this context, business is in some ways broadening, away from the marketplace to the customer, from transactions to interactions, from product-centered logic to service-centered logic, from exchanges to long-term relationships. Notably the notion of branding is of central importance in contemporary services marketing. Yet despite the theoretical and managerial importance of the brand, our understanding is still limited and divergent regarding the nature of the service brand, its role and importance in services marketing for both the customer and the firm.
The purpose of this special issue is to bring together, on an international scale, research on service branding in business organizations. In particular, theoretical, methodological, and/or empirical research papers in any sector of business are invited in the following specific topics and themes of interest, but not limited to:
- Anatomy of service brands from the views of multiple parties (e.g. the firm, the customer, third parties etc.)
- Service branding and value creation and appropriation
- Creating and managing the service brand
- Online and Offline issues in service branding
- Brand-driven processes in firms
- Service-centered logic and branding
- Competitive intensity and the role of the service brand
- Role of innovation in service branding
- RBV-DC theory in service branding
- Managerial and cross-functional implications of service branding
The deadline for submission of papers for this special issue is 31 August, 2010 and the tentative publication date is late 2011. Submissions should be sent electronically to the guest-editor of this special issue:
Aron O’Cass – University of Newcastle, Australia (email@example.com)
The format for submissions to the Journal of Services Marketing can be found at http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jsm Those with questions about the acceptability of proposed topics are urged to contact the guest-editor as soon as possible.