Teaching Portfolio Analysis with the GE/McKinsey Matrix Using ME>XL, 16 Sep 2009 11.00am (US East Coast time)
Teaching Portfolio Analysis with the GE/McKinsey Matrix Using ME>XL
Time Wednesday , Sept 16, 2009 11:00am-11.45am EDT
Gary L. Lilien
Distinguished Research Professor of Management Science at Penn State University
No fee…but space is limited and reservations essential. To register, visit
What the Webinar Will Cover
Marketing students must be trained to deal with tough choices: which individual customers or market segments to focus on and which not? Which new product opportunities to prioritize and which not? Which geographies to enter in which order? Without proper training, such difficult, often politically charged decisions will be driven more by rhetoric than by systematic analysis.
While there are some quite sophisticated ways to address these problems, this webinar will show how to use Marketing Engineering for Excel (ME>XL ) software to teach a simple, six step process that replaces rhetoric. That process, the GE/McKinsey Matrix approach, identifies the steps and the information needed to develop a simple, visual representation of the options available and the tradeoffs needed to reach a decision.
In this webinar, Professor Lilien will cover
- how to teach the basic principles of ranking and prioritization using the GE/McKinsey approach
- illustrate how the implementation of this process in ME>XL provides the templates and tools to support such a process
- tips, traps and tricks associated with teaching this material in class
Who Should Attend
- First-time instructors who are preparing to deliver a marketing analytics course, particularly those who have attended our most recent New Instructors’ Webinar
- Instructors of MBA or undergraduate marketing courses not currently using Marketing Engineering but who are interested in exploring how Marketing Engineering can best be integrated into their teaching programs.
- Current Marketing Engineering instructors who want to deepen their knowledge and share their experiences using this ME>XL set of templates and tools.
No fee…but space is limited and reservations essential. To register, visit www.mktgeng.com/webinars/