Special issue of European Journal of Marketing, and Symposium, Marseille, 25-26 Jun 2010, Edited by Michael S. W. Lee, Dominique Roux, Helen Cherrier and Bernard Cova; Deadline 29 Jan 2010
|ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: European Journal of Marketing|
Call for Papers: Anti-consumption EJM Special Issue
The European Journal of Marketing (EJM) aims to publish a special section of approximately 12 research notes/short papers on anti-consumption in 2011. This call is combined with the International Centre for Anti-Consumption Research (ICAR) and New Approaches to Consumer Resistance (NACRE) symposium hosted by Euromed in Marseille, France, on June the 25-26th 2010.
Anti-consumption and consumer resistance are receiving more attention, as evidenced by recent work and special issues in the area, however, there is still much confusion about the differences and similarities between anti-consumption and consumer resistance. Thus, the main objective of the ICAR/NACRE 2010 symposium is to identify and discuss what the most pertinent redundancies and differences are in these two topics. Hence the EJM special section and symposium theme is:
Anti-consumption and consumer resistance: Concepts, concerns, conflicts, and convergence.
Eligible papers should take into consideration the objectives and topic areas of ICAR and NACRE, as well as the unique positioning statement and intended audience of EJM. Interested authors are invited to consider the fit of other potential topics through discussion with Mike Lee.
Please follow EJM formatting guidelines (viewable on the Journal’s website http://www.emeraldinsight.com/ejm.htm). The manuscripts submitted to the EJM special issue must not exceed 4500 words in length (including references). Manuscripts should be submitted by January 29th 2010
All manuscripts will undergo a double blind peer review process involving several guest Editors and a specialist review panel. We hope to notify authors of the first round outcome in April 2010. Authors successful in the first round will be invited to present their work at the ICAR/NACRE Symposium, where they will receive additional feedback for revising and re-submitting their manuscript to the EJM special section second round. Manuscripts should ONLY be submitted in electronic format to Manuscript Central (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejm), specific details below.
We look forward to your participation!
Michael S W Lee, Dominique Roux, Helen Cherrier, Bernard Cova
Special Section Guest Editors,
European Journal of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting electronically to Manuscript Central
To submit your paper online you must create an author account at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejm then follow the on-screen guidance which takes you through the submission process. Manuscript Central is an intuitive and author-friendly interface for submitting articles to Emerald journals over the Internet. Online submission facilitates a fast and efficient publication service and provides the author with the ability to track their paper through the review process. All Emerald journals are moving to online submission.
Registering on Manuscript Central
- To register please follow the instructions below:
- Log on to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejm
- Click on the create account link at the top right of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, filling in the requested details before proceeding
- Your username will be your email address and you have to input a password of at least 8 characters in length and containing two or more numbers
- Click ‘Finish’ and your account has been created
Submitting an article
- Once Registered go to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejm with your username and password. This will take you through to the Welcome page.
- (To consult the Author Guidelines for this journal click on the Home Page link in the Resources column).
- Click on the Author Centre button.
- Click on the `click here to submit a new manuscript’ link which will take you through to the Manuscript Submission page.
- Complete all fields and browse to upload your article. Please include your structured abstract in your article file.
- At the ‘please select the type of issue’ (step 4) please highlight “Anti-consumption and Consumer Resistance: Concepts, Concerns, Conflicts and Convergence” in the dropdown list
- You must upload a minimum of 2 files: An anonymous article file (you should upload the title page Ä with all author contact details – as a separate file) because we operate double blind peer review
- When all required sections are completed, preview your .PDF proof.
- Submit your manuscript.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any assistance.
After you have submitted your paper you will receive an email indicating that your paper has been received together with its unique identity number. This means that the Editor, Publisher, and Reviewers will be able to process your paper in addition to you being able to track your paper at each stage of the publishing process.