2010 European Conference of the Association for Consumer Research, London, 30 Jun-3 Jul 2010, Co-chairs Pauline Maclaran, Chris Hackley and Alan Bradshaw; Deadline (except film festival) 21 Dec
ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting
Announcing the 2010 European Conference of the
Association for Consumer Research
Royal Holloway, University of London
30th June-3rd July, 2010
Visit the conference website:
- Alan Bradshaw, Royal Holloway, University of London, email@example.com
- Chris Hackley, Royal Holloway, University of London, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pauline Maclaran, Royal Holloway, University of London email@example.com
Film Festival Co-chairs:
- Russell Belk, York University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Kozinets, York University, email@example.com
Doctoral Consortium Co-chairs:
- Avi Shankar, University of Bath, A.Shankar@bath.ac.uk
- Markus Giesler, York University, firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be six main forums for presenting and discussing research and scholarly thought.
- Special Topic Sessions provide opportunities for focused attention on cutting-edge and important topics. Successful sessions offer a coherent perspective on emerging substantive, theoretical, or methodological issues.
- Competitive Paper Sessions include papers that represent the completed work of their authors. The EACR conference co-chairs will assign accepted papers to sessions that reflect similar scholarly interests.
- Working Paper Track: Participants typically present preliminary findings from the early stages of a research programme. Authors distribute their papers and display their findings poster-style in a plenary session.
- Roundtables: Encourage intensive participant discussion of consumer research topics and issues.
- Film Festival: Enables scholars to present their videographies on consumption-related topics at the conference.
- Doctoral Consortium:
Forum for doctoral students to receive guidance on their dissertations from an expert panel.
Submission and Decision Deadlines
Submissions for all of the above forums EXCEPT the film festival must be received no later than Friday 21st December, 2009. Submissions for the film festival must be received no later than February 1, 2010 (please see information about the film festival on the conference Web site for more information). Non-video submissions will be accepted on a website devoted to EACR from 16th November, 2009 to 21st December, 2009. Notification of acceptance in these five categories will be made by 19th April, 2010. Early registration will occur from 1st May – 15th June, 2010.
Full information on the conference website: