Heiner Evanschitzky is looking for information on business school incentive schemes for publishing and publications
A recent JM paper has demonstrated that academic research actually helps MBA-programs (Mitra and Golder 2008). This calls for appropriate incentives for academic researchers. In light of that, the I am currently collecting information on incentive-schemes for publications implemented by business schools. Does your school incentivize publication? If so: how? I am most interested in the following:
- How does the scheme work? (a bonus or an increase of the base salary?)
- How high are the incentives? (Dollar amount per publication based on quality of journal?)
- Who gets the bonus? (first author only, split between co-authors? How?)
- Which journal ranking is used?
- Is other research output also incentivized? (grand money, books, knowledge transfer, etc.?)
I would be grateful if you would share your positive and negative experiences with us. You may email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post your answers on ELMAR.
Thank you very much for your help!
Professor of Marketing
Department of Marketing
University of Strathclyde
Stenhouse Building, Room 5.31
173 Cathedral Street
Glasgow G4 0RQ, UK