The University of Kentucky Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing announces a grant program to support research into green marketing and sustainability; Deadline 15 Feb 2009
University of Kentucky
Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing
Research Grant Program
The University of Kentucky Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing is pleased to announce a grant program to support research into green marketing and sustainability. The goal of the grant program is to provide support to academic research that contributes to promoting best practice in industry and research that contributes to academic thought and theory. The Center may award a $5,000 grant to a member of the marketing community in 2009.
How to Apply for the GM Research Grants
Researchers will find it informative to contact the Center for Green Marketing before preparing a proposal. The director of the center and the advisory board can indicate whether the topic is consistent with the Center’s research objectives.
Proposals should be attachments of one to four pages in length, double-spaced. As a supplement to the proposal, include the vitae of all of the researchers on the project.
Proposals should address the following topics:
1. Outline the importance of the research to the green marketing practice. Indicate the short- or long-term contributions to practice made by the research.
2. Discuss the theoretical/academic importance of the research, and indicate the contribution to theory. Specify the theory and model and their relationships to previously published work.
3. Provide an overview of the research method. Indicate instruments (e.g., surveys), procedures, and analyses endemic to the design.
1. The deadline for applying for a research grant is February 15, 2009. Proposals may be submitted prior to this date, but all grants will be announced at the same time.
2. The Center for Green Marketing Academic Advisory Board will make all decisions concerning the awarding of grants and acceptance of working papers.
3. Grant announcements will be made by April 10, 2009. 50% of the research grant will be provided when the grant is awarded. The remaining 50% of the grant will be awarded upon the academic advisory board’s acceptance of a working paper based on the research.
The Researcher’s Commitment to the Center for Green Marketing
In return for support from the Center for Green Marketing, the researcher agrees to the following:
1. A working paper that is representative of the funded research must be added to the Center for Green Marketing’s Working Paper Series. Submit the working paper in printed form and in electronic format in Microsoft Word. Complete funding will not be provided unless this document is received and accepted by the academic advisory board prior to December 31, 2009.
2. The researcher must have approval from the human subjects’ reviewers at the host university. Proposed research must meet all the human subject requirements of the host institution. Grant applications will be considered that have not completed the human subjects review, but approval is necessary for receipt of the final award (i.e., the 50% remaining after the grant awarded after receipt of the working paper).
3. At least one of the funded scholars will present the findings of the research at the Annual Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing Research Colloquium. There will be no copyright restrictions placed on the presented manuscript. Normal expenses for travel and accommodations will be supported by the Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing.
4. The Center for Green Marketing should be given credit in any publication based on this research. The credit should read, “The author(s) acknowledges the support of University of Kentucky’s Von Allmen Center for Green Marketing.”
5. The Center for Green Marketing should be notified of any publication based on the research, and the researchers should provide the Center with reprints of the articles based on the supported research.
For more information, visit http://gattongreen.uky.edu/