Special issue of Social Science Computer Review , Edited by David Garson and Michael Bosnjak; Deadline 28 Feb 2009
Call for Papers & Guide for Authors
Special Issue on ´Mobile Surveys´
North Carolina State University,
College of Humanities and Social Sciences,
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Guest Associate Editor:
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano,
School of Economics and Management,
South Tyrol, Italy
Social Science Computer Review (SSCORE) is an interdisciplinary journal covering social science instructional and research applications of computing, as well as societal impacts of information technology. Because the uses and impacts of computing are interdisciplinary, so is SSCORE. The journal is of direct relevance to scholars and scientists in a wide variety of disciplines.
For the special issue on ´Mobile Surveys´, SSCORE invites manuscripts particularly in the following areas:
- Issues in mobile survey research with a strong emphasis on estimating and/or reducing survey errors (i.e., coverage, sampling, measurement, and nonresponse errors); Cost efficiency of using mobile technology in survey research (i.e. cost-error balance of mobile survey research);
- Contributions aimed at predicting and explaining mobile technology usage;
- Comparative studies using mobile technology, e.g. within multi-mode data collection frameworks or cross-cultural contexts;
- Special applications of mobile technology for data collection (e.g., applications in tourism);
- Technological advances in using mobile devices, applications, and procedures for primary data collection, such as: Mobile Web applications for self-administered surveys, mobile surveys using video-telephony, mobile devices supporting field interviewers in face-to-face interviews.
Upon acceptance of an article by the journal, the author(s) will be asked to transfer copyright in the article to the publisher. This will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information under the U.S. Copyright law.
SUBMITTING MANUSCRIPTS FOR PUBLICATION CONSIDERATION
Manuscripts being submitted for publication consideration should be sent by email only in WORD format before February 28, 2009, to: email@example.com
Full information is available at