Emerald/EFMD Doctoral Research Awards
Emerald Publishing and the European Foundation for Management Development offer recognition and cash awards for doctoral research; Deadline 1 Oct 2008
ARC: Connections: ELMAR: Posting
Last chance to apply for 2008 Emerald / EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards
Emerald and the EFMD offer international recognition and cash awards for the best Doctoral research
Boston, MA, September 16, 2008 – October 1, 2008 is the closing date to apply to this year’s prestigious Outstanding Doctoral Research Award sponsored by Emerald Group Publishing Limited and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). Eligible candidates must have completed and satisfied examination requirements for a Doctoral award, or will do so between October 1, 2006 and October 1, 2008, and have not applied previously for one of these Awards.
Award-winning entries will receive a cash prize of €1,500 (or currency equivalent), a certificate and an offer of publication in the sponsoring journal, as a full paper or as an executive summary/research note, at the discretion of the Editor(s). Submissions will be judged by the Editor(s) of the sponsoring journals, and eleven prizes will be awarded in total.
Through the Annual Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards, Emerald, the world’s leading publisher of management research, and the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), a global membership organization with more than 700 institutional members from academia, business and public services, seek to celebrate excellence in research.
Submissions are accepted in the following subject categories:
- Marketing Strategy, sponsored by European Journal of Marketing
- Leadership and Organization Development, sponsored by Leadership & Organization Development Journal
- Operations and Production Management, sponsored by International Journal of Operations & Production Management
- Quality Management, sponsored by The TQM Journal
- Knowledge Management, sponsored by Journal of Knowledge Management
- Interdisciplinary Accounting Research, sponsored by Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal
- Management and Governance, sponsored by Management Decision
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management, sponsored by International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
- Information Science, sponsored by Journal of Documentation
- Human Resource Management, sponsored by Personnel Review
- Hospitality Management, sponsored by International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
The closing date for applications is October 1, 2008. Short listing and further contact will be made during November 2008. Winners will be announced in December 2008.
For submission requirements and how to apply, visit www.emeraldinsight.com/awards or contact Ruth Heppenstall, External Relations Assistant at: email@example.com
About Emerald www.emeraldinsight.com
Established in 1967, Emerald Group Publishing Limited is the world’s leading publisher of management research. In total, Emerald publishes over 700 titles, comprising 200 journals, nearly 300 books and more than 200 book series as well as an extensive range of online products and services. Emerald is COUNTER-compliant, meeting the international code of practice for reports that measure usage of online information products and services consistently.
Emerald’s publishing philosophy is “Research You Can Use”, which means that our content is both rigorous and relevant, connecting the academic world with the world of management practice.
The Emerald online collection of journals, abstracts and resources, Emerald Management Xtra, serves business schools and management departments world-wide. For managers in corporate and public organizations, Emerald Management First provides fast access to applied research, ideas, insights and interviews from the world’s best management thinkers.
Corporate Communications Manager
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley BD16 1WA
Phone: +44 (0)1274 777700