Job: Wageningen University
Postdoctoral research post on attentional processes and visual marketing
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Positions||Related ARContent: AMA Academic Placement|
Postdoctoral research post on attentional processes and visual marketing.
Wageningen University, department of marketing and consumer behavior, the Netherlands.
The project aims at determining effective and efficient measures to quantify and characterise attention and basic perceptual processes when consumers are confronted with nutritional labels at the point of purchase (i.e., at the supermarket shelf).
As part of a larger research consortium (EU project FLABEL), the project will develop an innovative and validated research methodology that finds a balance between practicality and external validity for real life shopping situations. The project focuses on advanced observational methods using, among others, state-of-the-art eye tracking equipment. One specific focus is on the comparison between eye movements at the supermarket shelf in "real life", projections of supermarket shelves at realistic size, and representations of supermarket shelves on a computer screen.
A second aim of the project is to explore antecedents of visual attention to food labels in a series of controlled experiments. This should lead to a conceptual model of visual attention for food labels, which will be empirically tested in four European countries.
- A PhD in (social) psychology, marketing, or another relevant discipline, with expertise in attentional processes or visual marketing.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background in experimental design and eye tracking research.
- Motivation and ability to publish in high tier journals.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Motivation to work within a broader pan-European team.
Conditions of employment:
Estimated maximum salary per month: eur 3500 – 4000
Employment basis: Temporary for specified period
Maximum hours per week: 38
Additional conditions of employment:
- To begin with, a Postdoc appointment for a period of 18 months. Continuation of the appointment with another 18 months will be based on performance evaluation.
- Within the project, the candidate will work closely with Dr. Erica van Herpen and Prof.dr. Hans van Trijp, both from the Marketing and Consumer Behaviour Group.
- Some of the fieldwork will be conducted in cooperation with other partners, particularly the University of Saarland (Prof.dr. Andrea Groeppel-Klein)
- The candidate will work in a stimulating research environment, has access to a new research lab with eye-movement equipment, and has opportunities for (international) collaboration.
You can apply for this job before 05-05-2008 by sending your application to:
Wageningen University, dept. HRM
Hollandseweg 1, 6706 KN Wageningen
6706 KN Wageningen
E-mail address: Fineke.Toxopeus@wur.nl
When applying for this job always mention the vacancy number AT MW 2008-19.