Revisit: Emerging Markets
Brand equity, branding and marketing communications in emerging markets, Special issue of Journal of International Consumer Marketing, Edited by Lianxi Zhou and Erdener Kaynak; Deadline 30 May 2008
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: J Intl Con Mar|
"Brand equity, branding and marketing communications in emerging markets"
A special issue of Journal of International Consumer Marketing
Edited by Lianxi Zhou and Erdener Kaynak
Deadline: 30 May 2008
This Special Issue focuses on brand equity, branding, and marketing communication issues in fast-growing emerging markets, including China, India, Brazil, South Africa, Eastern European countries, and Southeast Asia. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in brand equity, branding, and marketing communications at global, regional, and local levels. As competition intensifies, these issues have attracted renewed interest. Despite the manifested importance of these issues in emerging markets, our stock of knowledge in the topic areas remains scattered at best. Given the scope of the JICM, this special issue invites manuscripts that address broad issues of brand equity, branding, and marketing communications in emerging markets. Topics may include but not limited to the following issues:
- What are the most effective marketing communication strategies for building global, regional, or local brands in emerging markets?
- What are the relative advantages of global, regional, and local brands in emerging markets? How are these advantages sustained and enhanced in the face of increasing challenges in these emerging markets?
- In what ways consumers in emerging markets are engaged with global, regional, or local name brands? What are the variations across different consumer segments in emerging markets?
- How is brand equity measured across cultures/nations?
- What are various advertising-related issues for brand communication in emerging markets? How are these issues evolved in the marketplace? What are the managerial implications for brand-building in these markets?
- How do emerging market consumers perceive the equity of global, regional, or local brands? In which aspects, brand equity can be created through marketing communication strategies?
- How do local consumers respond to global/regional companies’ brand acquisition strategy at their home markets?
- What types of relationships are evolving concerning consumer tastes, consumption behavior, and brand preferences in various consumer segments in emerging markets?
- Engagement of new media including Internet and word-of-mouth communications for brand building among different market segments (i.e., younger generation) in emerging markets. How do they interact with these media and how do they absorb information about brands through new and traditional media?
Guidelines and Submission Information
Submitted manuscripts will undergo the normal double-blind review process to ensure relevance and quality.
Manuscripts must follow the JICM Style Guidelines, which can be found at the link: http://www.jicm.haworthpress.com Access to the journal page and read Instructions for Authors. Download the Manuscript Submission & Limited Copyright Transfer Form.
Manuscripts must be based on original work (theoretical, empirical, or case study) not under consideration by any other journal or publication outlet. We encourage authors to submit papers that have both academic insight and managerial implications.
This special issue is planned for publication in late 2008 or early 2009.
Please send the submitted paper, together with a completed Copyright Transfer Form (available at the above journal website link), to Dr. Lianxi Zhou via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com