Revisit: Innovative Excellence in Education
The AMA's Teaching and Learning SIG seeks nominations for the 2008 Prentice Hall's Solomon-Marshall-Stuart Award for Innovative Excellence in Marketing Education; Deadline 15 Mar
AMA Teaching and Learning SIG presents:
Prentice Hall’s Solomon-Marshall-Stuart Award for
Innovative Excellence in Marketing Education
The Teaching and Learning Special Interest Group conducts a competition to recognize and reward innovative excellence in marketing education, and to provide a forum for outstanding teachers to share their expertise with their colleagues. Prentice Hall will award the winner a $1,500 check at the AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. The competition is open to any full-time marketing educator who is also a member of AMA. Individuals wishing to compete for the Award for Innovative Excellence should prepare an application package according to the guidelines listed below and submit it to the Teaching SIG competition chair, to be received no later than March 15, 2008. A panel of judges will evaluate the applications and select the winner. The winner will be required to make a presentation on teaching philosophy and methods at the Summer 2008 Educators’ Conference.
Guidelines for Submission of Application Materials
All applications shall be submitted electronically to Michael M. Pearson, AMA Teaching and learning SIG competition chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submissions should include the following items.
1. Cover Page: The cover page should include the name of the applicant, and all contact information, including the applicant’s name, AMA membership number, academic title/rank, institution, address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
2. Letter from dean, chair or colleague: This one to two page document should include highlights of the applicant’s teaching contributions, and other information such as other teaching recognition received, impact of the applicant’s teaching, and research or service contributions related to teaching. It should be kept in mind that this award recognizes teaching innovation, not simply doing a credible job teaching standard courses with traditional methods.
3. Applicant’s Personal Statement: This one to two page document should describe the applicant’s teaching philosophy, key contributions to learning, or other information deemed relevant by the applicant, all toward demonstrating innovative excellence in marketing education.
4. Condensed Curriculum Vitae: This should be a two page abbreviated vitae and include the applicant’s education, teaching experience, recent publications, major service roles, and other significant contributions.
5. Additional Documentation: This section should contain any additional documentation of the applicant’s teaching innovations. Applicants who include numerical student evaluation summaries should also supply department/school/university norms as applicable.
NOTE: The winner must attend the 2008 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference and make a presentation on his/her teaching philosophy and methods.
Contact Information: Questions may be directed to the AMA Teaching and Learning SIG competition chair.
Professor of Marketing
College of Business – Box 15
Loyolar University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue M
Phone: 504 864 7938
Fax: 504 864 7970