IT and Product Development
Call for book chapters for "IT and Product Development: A Research Agenda", Edited by Satish Nambisan; Chapter proposal deadline 30 Nov 2007
ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting
"IT & Product Development: A Research Agenda"
Call for Chapters
I am editing a new book titled "Information Technology and Product Development: A Research Agenda" to be published by Springer as part of its Annals of Information Systems series. This book will provide a platform for researchers from diverse disciplinary areas – including information systems, marketing, operations, strategy, and organizational behavior – to build on and develop new theoretical concepts and insights on the application of IT in product development.
The main objective of the book is to contribute towards the development of an integrative theoretical framework that could inform on:
- the role and the business value of IT in product development; and
- the organizational and managerial issues that underlie the successful deployment of IT in diverse product development contexts.
Chapter proposals are invited on all aspects of IT and product development including:
- Collaborative product development technologies
- Virtual product development teams
- IT-enabled customer co-innovation
- Virtualization of product development
- Knowledge management tools in product development
- IT and product/process management
- Impact of IT on product development outcomes
- Business value of IT in product development
If you are interested in contributing a chapter to this book, pl. email me a 2-page chapter proposal by November 30, 2007. More details and the formal ‘Call for Chapters’ are available here: www.rpi.edu/~nambis/it-pd-cfc.htm
Satish Nambisan, Ph.D.
Lally School of Management & Technology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; Troy, NY 12180
Tel: (518) 276-2230
Forthcoming: The Global Brain (Wharton School Publishing, Nov 2007)