Higher Education Marketing
Third International Conference on Higher Education Marketing, Sponsored by the Academy of Marketing SIG on Higher Education Marketing, Krakow, 2-4 Apr 2008; Deadline 7 Jan 2008
Call for papers
2008 Academy of Marketing SIG on Higher Education Marketing
April 2nd – 4th 2008
On behalf of the Academy of Marketing Special Interest Group for the Marketing of Higher Education, all scholars, academics, practitioners and consultants are invited to contribute to the third International Conference on Higher Education Marketing (ICHEM). The conference will be held at Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Krakow, Poland. The aim of the conference is to strengthen research in higher education from any perspective, country or international aspect. The main theme of the 2008 conference is ‘Marketising, Marketing and Higher Education’. As with previous conferences, best papers will be published in a special edition of a peer reviewed journal.
We invite contributions ranging from conceptual papers to methodologies that bridge the disciplines of marketing and higher education and address the emerging issues, debates, and research concerning the role that marketing plays in policy making and the marketing of universities world-wide. Empirical papers are especially welcome. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Services marketing and higher education,
- The branding of higher education.
- Market segmentation and higher education.
- Relationship marketing in higher education.
- Marketing philosophy and ideology in higher education marketing.
- The role of marketing in strategic higher education planning.
- International marketing strategies.
- Widening participation and marketisation.
- Analysis of choice and decision making in higher education.
- Ethical issues in the marketisation of higher educational.
- The management of marketing-led change in higher education.
- The development, application and utilization of marketing theory to higher education.
Submissions should be made by Monday January 7th 2008. Papers will be subjected to a blind, peer review process following customary practice for the ICHEM. Submissions should include a cover page with: Title, Name of author(s), affiliation/position, address, email address and abstract and should be written in English and presented in 12pt New Times Roman font. For peer review purposes, the text of the paper should include title and abstract, single spaced, without author names or identification on a separate page followed by the body of text in double spaced 12pt font. Papers should be sent electronically to:
Jane Hemsley-Brown, School of Management, University of Surrey, UK. Email: email@example.com
Anthony Lowrie, College of Business, Minnesota State University Moohead, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference website including registration information will be published shortly.