2008 Global Marketing Conference
Hosted by the Korean Academy of Marketing Science and other sponsors, Shanghai, 20-23 Mar 2008; Deadline 31 Oct 2007
Call for Papers
Submission Deadline: Oct. 31, 2007
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Hosted by the Korean Academy of Marketing Science
Shanghai Jiao Tong University / Yonsei University
China Marketing Academy
Marketing Committee of China Management Society
Dr. Charles R. Taylor, John A. Murphy Professor, Dept. of Marketing, Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085-1678 USA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (610) 519-4386 Fax: (610) 519-5364
Dr. Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor, Dept. of Marketing, Columbia University, 3022 Broadway, New York, 10027 NY, USA, email@example.com, Tel: (212) 854-3468, Fax: (212) 854-7647
Dr. Udo Wagner, Professor, Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics, University of Vienna, A-1210 Vienna, Brunner Strasse 72, Austria, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +43 (1) 4277-380 11, Fax: +43 (1) 4277-380 14
Dr. Jianmin Jia, Professor, School of Economics and Management, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610031, Chengdu, P.R. China, email@example.com, Tel: (86) 8760 0820, Fax: (86)8763 4343
Papers submitted to selected tracks (see below) are eligible for review toward inclusion in special issues of the following journals:
Psychology & Marketing (Executive Editor: Professor Rajan Nataraajan, Auburn University)
International Journal of Advertising (Editor: Professor Douglas West, University of Birmingham)
Journal of Interactive Advertising (Co-Editor: Professor Hairong Li, Michigan State University)
Dynamic multiculturism continues to be a vital aspect of global marketing that affects consumers and businesses around the world. The theme of this year’s conference is, "Marketing in The Dynamic Global World." This theme emphasizes the need for educators and business leaders to recognize, appreciate, and understand the significance of marketing in the dynamic global world including different cultures and cross-cultural business practices, as they affect both domestic and multinational marketing strategies. The 2008 Global Marketing Conference at Shanghai offers outstanding opportunities for business leaders and academics to share their insights and learn from the research finding and experiences of others. The program chairs welcome participation from all cultures and parts of the world. We look forward to a stimulating and interactive conference. Proceedings of this conference will have an ISBN number.
Shanghai is situated on the estuary of Yangtze River of China. It is the largest industrial city in China. Covering an area of 5,800 square kilometers (2,239 square miles), Shanghai has a population of 18.7 million, including 2 million floating population. Today’s Shanghai is a multi-cultural metropolis with both modern and traditional Chinese features. Bubbling Shanghai shows off every aspect of her unique glamour. Serving as the largest base of Chinese industrial technology, the important seaport and China’s largest commercial and financial center, Shanghai draws the attention of the whole world. Modern Shanghai has three key areas of interest to the visitor. These comprise Sightseeing, Business and Shopping centered upon People’s Square and along the Huangpu River. With a pleasant climate, friendly and courteous residents and delicious cuisine, Shanghai offers an ideal location for any conference. (http://www.visitseoul.net/english_new/index.htm)
SPECIAL SESSION CO-CHAIRS
Professor Merrie Brucks, Eckert Professor of Marketing & President of ACR, University of Arizona, 320 McClelland Hall, Tucson, AZ 85721-0108 USA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (520) 621-7479, Fax: (520) 621-7483
Professor Joseph F. Hair, Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, Georgia 30144 USA, email@example.com For more Information Contact:
Dr. Kyung Hoon Kim, Executive Secretary, Korean Academy of Marketing Science, and Professor, Changwon National University, 9 Sarimdong Changwon, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +82-55-279-7377, Fax: +82-55-263-9096,
To submit a paper, special session proposal or to participate otherwise, contact the appropriate program track chair listed below:
SPECIAL ISSUE OF PSYCHOLOGY & MARKETING
All papers submitted to 2008 Global Marketing Conference at Shanghai are eligible for review toward inclusion in the special issue. If you want your paper to be considered for possible publication in P&M, then please inform your intention to Professor Eunju Ko (Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea) email@example.com.
TRACKS FOR SPECIAL ISSUES OF FOLLOWING JOURNALS
(Best papers from the following tracks can be published after going through a full review process. If you want your paper to be considered for possible publication in these issues, please indicate this when submitting the paper to the track chair.)
Advertising in Pacific Rim (for International Journal of Advertising) : Professor Shintaro Okazaki and Professor Charles R. Taylor. Please submit papers to Prof. Okazaki, Dept. of Finance and Marketing Research, College of Economics and Business Administration , Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, C/ Francisco Tomas y Valiente, 5, Campus Universitario de Cantoblanco, 28049 – Madrid, Spain, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +34 91-497-3552, Fax: +34 91-497-8725
Interactive Advertising (for Journal of Interactive Advertising) : Professor Hairong Li, Dept. of Advertising, Public Relations, and Retailing, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 49924-1212, USA, email@example.com, Tel: (517) 355-1739 Fax (517) 432-2589
PROGRAM TRACKS & TRACK CHAIRS
- Consumer Experience : Professor Bernd Schmitt, Robert D. Calkins Professor, Dept. of Marketing, Columbia University, 3022 Broadway, New York, 10027 NY, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (212) 854-3468, Fax: (212) 854-7647
- Industrial Marketing : Dr. Peter LaPlaca, Industrial Marketing Management, 24 Quarry Drive, Suite 201, Vernon, CT 06066-4917, USA, plaplaca@journalIMM.com, Tel: (860) 875-8017, Fax: (860) 875-2318
- Retailing : Professor Barry J. Babin, Max P. Watson Professor of Business, Department of Marketing & Analysis, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA 71272,, U.S.A., email@example.com, Tel: 318-257-4012, Fax: 318-757-4253. Professor David J. Ortinau, Department of Marketing, University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue – BSN 3403,Tampa, FL 33620-5500, U.S.A., , firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 813-974-6236, Fax: 813-974-6175
- Consumer Behavior : Professor Eunju Ko, Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea, email@example.com, Tel : +82-2-2123-3109, Fax : +82-2-312-8554
- Fashion Merchandising : Professor Nancy Miller, Department of Textiles, Clothing, & Design, University of Nebraska- Lincoln, 203 HE Building, Lincoln, NE-68583, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 402-472-9103
- Sales Management : Professor Bulent Menguc, Dept. of Marketing, Brock University, St. Catherines, ON Canada L2S 3A1, email@example.com, Tel: 905-688-5550 x5074, Fax: 905-984-4188
- Marketing Strategy : Professor Graham Hooley, Aston University, Birmingham, B4 7ET, United Kingdom, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 (0) 121 204 4643, Fax: +44 (0) 121 204 4650
- International Marketing : Professor Tanuja Singh, Dept. of Marketing, College of Business, Northern Illinois University, Barsema Hall, DeKalb, IL 60115-2897 USA, email@example.com, Tel: : (815) 753-7967 , Fax: (815) 753-6014
- Branding and Product Issues : Professor Patrick Poon, Dept. of Marketing and International Business, Lingnan University, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (852) 2616-8235, Fax: (852) 2467-3049
- High-Tech Marketing : Professor Sang-Hoon Kim, Graduate School of Business, Seoul National University, San 56-1,Sillim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, email@example.com, Tel : +82-2-880-6934, Fax : +82-2-878-3154
- Neuromarketing : Professor Flemming Hansen, Dept. of Marketing, Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads 3, C3, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +45 3815 2134, Fax: +45 3815 2101
- Globalisation and Regionalisation Strategies : Professor Stan Paliwoda, Department of Marketing, University of Strathclyde, Stenhouse Building, 173 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RQ, UK, email@example.com, Tel: 0141-548-5843, Fax: 0141-552-2802
- Fashion Marketing : Professor Eun Joo Park, Division of Fashion and Textiles, Dong-A University, 840 Hadan-dong, Saha-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea, 604-714, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +82-51-200-7332, 7328, Fax: +82-51-200-7335
- Marketing to Ethnic Minorities/ Subcultural Issues : Professor John Stanton, School of Marketing and International Business, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South DC, NSW 1797, Australia, email@example.com, Tel: +82-2-9852-4140, Fax: +82-2-4620-3787
- Market-driven Innovation Strategies : Professor Seigyoung Auh, Department of Business Administration, Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 120-749, firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 -2-2123-5486, Fax: +82-2-364-7828
- Customer Relationship Management : Professor Eric Chuan-Fong Shih, Graduate School of Business, Sungkyunkwan University, 53, Myeonyung-dong 3-ga, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-745, Republic of Korea, email@example.com, Tel: 82-2-740-1505, Fax: 82-2-740-1503
- Intercultural Communication : Professor Wolfgang Fritz, Dept. of Business Administration and Economics, Technical University of Braunschweig, Abt-Jerusalem-Str. 4, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +49 (0)531 391 3202, Fax: +49 (0)531 391 8202
- Social and Ethical Issues in Marketing : Professor Michael Jay Polonsky, School of Hospitality, Tourism and Marketing, Victoria University, Melbourne City MC 8001, Australia, Michael.Polonsky@vu.edu.au, Tel: (61-3) 9919-4625, Fax: (61-3) 9919-4931.
- Marketing in Asia : Professor Kim-Shyan Fam, Department of Marketing, University of Otago, P.O. Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand, email@example.com, Tel:+ 64 3 479 7692, Fax:+ 64 3 479 8172
- Marketing Decision Making and Decision Support : Professor Berend Wierenga, RSM Erasmus University, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +31 10 408 1969, Fax: +31 10 408 9011
- Adaptive Methodologies for Marketing and Management : CEO Michael Hoffman, Global Marketing & Management Institute, 5285, Tuscanna Way Suite 828, San Diego, CA 9212, USA, email@example.com, Tel: (619) 253-3227, Fax: (309)215-3874
- Market Orientation/ The Emerging Role of Marketing in Organizations : Professor Peter S.H. Leeflang, Dept. of Marketing, Faculty of Economics, University of Groningen, P.O. Box 800, 9700 AB Groningen, The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel:+31 50 363 3696, Fax: +31 50 363 3720
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing : Professor Yooshik Yoon, Dept. of Tourism MGT, Kangwon National University, 1 Daehakrogil Chunchon, kangwon-Do, Korea, email@example.com, Tel. +82-33-250-6167, Fax. +82-33-250-6167
- Marketing Education : Professor Ralf Schellhase, Dept. of Marketing, University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt, Haardtring 100, 64295 Darmstadt, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +49 6201 876474, Fax: +49 6201 876475
- Marketing, Stakeholders, and Sustainable Development : Professor Richard Varey, Dept. of Marketing, The Waikato Management School, University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand, email@example.com, Tel: +64 7 838 4617, Fax: +64 7 838 4352
- Advanced Multivariate Techniques/Conjoint Analysis : Professor Martin Natter, J.W. Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, Strothoff-Stiftungsprofessur für BWL, insbes. Handel Mertonstr. 17-25, D-60054 Frankfurt/Main, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +49 69 798 23161, Fax: +49 69 798 23167
- Global Competition in the Chinese Market : Prof. Nobuo Kawabe, Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Waseda University, 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050 Japan, email@example.com,Tel:81-(0)3-5286-2008, Fax:81-(0)3-5286-3922
- Branding, Corporate Branding and Reputation : Professor Lutz Hildebrandt, Humboldt University, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Institut für Marketing, Spandauer Straße 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +49 30 20935698, Fax: +49 30 2093-5675
- Pharmaceutical Marketing and Advertising : Professor Ralf Terlutter, Dept. of Marketing and International Management, University of Klagenfurt, Universitätsstraße 65-67, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria, Ralf.Terlutter@uni-klu.ac.at, Tel: +43 (0)463 2700 4004, Fax: +43 (0)463 2700 4094
- Marketing Research : Professor Yung Kyun Choi, Dept. of Advertising & P.R., Dongguk University, 26, 3-ga, Pil-dong, Chung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 100-715, email@example.com, Tel: +82-2-2260-3817, Fax: +82-2-2260-3940
- Marketing and the Web : Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Gaul, Insitut fuer Entscheidungstheorie und Unternehmensforschung, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH), D-76128 Karlsruhe (TH), firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 07 21/6 08-37 26, Fax: 07 21/6 08-77 65
- Marketing in General : Professor Yong-Ki Lee, Department of Business Administration, Sejong University, 98 Gunja-dong, Gwanggin-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 143-747, email@example.com, Tel: +82 -2-3408-3158, Fax: +82-2-3408-3311
Dr. Kyung Hoon Kim, Executive Secretary, Korean Academy of Marketing Science, and Professor, Changwon National University, 9 Sarimdong Changwon, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +82-55-279-7377, Fax: +82-55-263-9096
Dr. Wei Lu, Associate Dean, Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Room 502, Antai Building,535 Fahua Zhen Rd. Shanghai 200052 P.R.China, email@example.com, Tel: +86-21-62933725, Fax: +86-21-62932982
LOCAL ARRANGEMENT CHAIR
Dr. Feng Gu, Associate Dean, Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Room 213, No.1 Building ,535 Fahua Zhen Rd. Shanghai 200052 P.R.China, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +86-21-52301277, Fax: +86-21-62933262
PLANNING COMMITTEE CHAIR
Professor Eunju Ko, Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, College of Human Ecology , Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea, email@example.com, Tel : +82-2-2123-3109, Fax : +82-2-312-8554
Submission Guidelines for Authors from All Countries Except P.R. China
The 2008 Global Marketing Conference is pleased to have electronic submission for submitting manuscripts. Electronic submission should be sent to the appropriate track chair in the preferred track. A word document containing the manuscript should be sent as an attachment to an e-mail communication. Please be sure to include complete contact information for the contact person. An e-mail response will be sent to the contact author once the manuscript has been received in a readable format by the track chair. All communications will then occur electronically. For those who do not have access to e-mail, you may send four hard copies of the manuscript to one of the appropriate track chairs.
Manuscripts must follow the style guideline of the Journal of Korean Academy of Marketing Science (www.kams.org). Manuscripts should not exceed 20 pages total. One-page special session and panel proposals should be sent directly to the appropriate track chair. Submissions will be double-blind reviewed. Please do not identify any authors in the text of the manuscript.
Submission of a manuscript for review indicates that it or a similar version has not been previously published or is not under simultaneous review elsewhere. At least one author must be a member in good standing of the Academy of Marketing Science or be willing to join the Academy if the manuscript is accepted. Additionally, a manuscript should be submitted to ONLY one track.
The conference will accept papers and allow authors to decide whether to publish the complete paper in the Proceedings or to publish an abstract only. Upon acceptance, the author(s) agree to the following: (a) to release the copyright to the Korean Academy of Marketing Science unless choosing to publish an abstract only, (b) to return the manuscript (abstract) in correct format (via e-mail or diskette) to the Proceedings Editor, and (c) at least one author will present the manuscript at the conference and will pre-register as a condition for acceptance and publication. Proceedings guidelines, limitations, and restrictions will be sent to authors of accepted papers.
Submission Guidelines for Authors from P.R. China
For those who are from organizations in P.R. China are asked to submit their papers to Dr. Jianmin Jia who is one of co-conference chairs (Professor, School of Economics and Management, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610031, Chengdu, P.R. China, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (86) 8760 0820, Fax: (86)8763 4343). Please refer to general submission guideline mentioned above.
Travel to China
Citizens of most countries are required to obtain a Chinese visa before entering China. No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit. Conference attendees, please check with your local consulate offices to determine specific travel document requirements.
CALL FOR PAPERS : SPECIAL ISSUE OF PSYCHOLOGY & MARKETING
In honor of 2008 Global Marketing Conference at Shanghai, Psychology & Marketing (P&M) will bring out a Special Issue in one or two volumes featuring suitable papers presented at this conference. The journal’s statement of purpose elucidates: "P&M publishes original research and review articles dealing with the application of psychological theories and techniques to marketing. To elaborate, P&M deals with the use of psychological theories to explain marketing phenomena spanning the entire spectrum of offerings (products & services), price, promotion (advertising, publicity, public relations, and personal selling), place (channels and distribution), and politics (public opinion, law, and ethics), all revolving around the psyche’ of the all important consumer. In this regard, the journal will consider the publication of both conceptual and empirical articles involving quantitative and/or qualitative analysis. In addition to the above, while psychological studies or profiles of individuals or groups, case studies, and cross-cultural reports will also be considered for publication, they must nevertheless be clearly and substantially pertinent to marketing. As an interdisciplinary journal, P&M serves practitioners and academicians in the fields of psychology and marketing and is an appropriate outlet for articles designed to be of interest, concern, and applied value to its audience of scholars and professionals."
In line with the above statement of purpose, all papers submitted to this marketing conference are eligible for review toward inclusion in the special issue. If you want your paper to be considered for possible publication in P&M, then please inform your intention to Professor Eunju Ko (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea, email@example.com, Tel : +82-2-2123-3109, Fax : +82-2-312-8554) who will screen the papers, co-ordinate, and carry out the rest of the process in this regard.