Job: Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Positions||Related ARContent: AMA Academic Placement|
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, Competence Center Marketing, invites applications to fill an appointment at the rank of assistant professor of marketing.
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Since 1953, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School is the leading organization in management development in Belgium. The School and its programs are consistently ranked N° 1 in the Benelux, whilst holding strong positions in Europe and the world. The Economist Intelligence Unit comments: "With autonomous university status, the school is the biggest in Belgium with strong links to industry. The student body is diverse and the school generally reckoned to be excellent value for money". Our mission is to make an important contribution to professionalizing management and stimulating entrepreneurship through relevant scientific research and high-quality management courses. With triple accreditations from Equis, AACSB, and the Association for MBAs, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School is 1 out of only 20 schools worldwide who now possesses the 3 important international accreditations. At this moment, about 400 Master/MBA students graduate from the Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School on a yearly basis. Moreover, the school can rely on a vast alumni network incorporating more than 12,000 managers spread across the world. The School has campuses in Ghent, Leuven, and St.Petersburg. You find more information on Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School at
Competence Center Marketing
The Competence Center Marketing at Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School strives to be an internationally recognized player in the development and dissemination of marketing management knowledge on the basis of rigorous and relevant scientific research, excellence in teaching, and strong international networking with business and academic communities.
At this moment, the Competence Center Marketing counts 8 faculty members, 6 research assistants, 2 managers, and 1 secretary. The Competence Center Marketing is known for its entrepreneurship and young, dynamic spirit. Its various activities involve academic research, teaching, and company projects in various marketing domains including brand management, consumer behavior, e-business, retail & trade marketing, services, and strategy.
The Competence Center Marketing wants to support its growth by attracting an
Assistant professor of marketing
In order to accomplish our objectives, the Competence Center Marketing is looking for an assistant professor of marketing able to integrate academic work with managerial know-how, contributing to the success of the department.
- PhD in marketing from an accredited university or business school
- Evidence of your ability and motivation to become a respected scholar and educator in consumer marketing, with an interest in branding, communication, relationship marketing or retail/channel management
- Scholarly publications, preferably in the area of consumer marketing
- Be able to merge fundamental theoretical knowledge with practical relevance
What do we offer?
- Working environment located in the heart of Europe
- Dynamic and young team of ambitious researchers and faculty
- Strong academic and business network
- Attractive career prospects
- Send your resume to: Prof Dr Steve Muylle, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, Reep 1, 9000 Gent, Belgium
- Applicants are requested to post their resume and the names and contact information of three referees no later than Sep 30, 2007 by e-mail or snail mail
- For more information, please contact: Prof Dr Steve Muylle at email@example.com, +32-9-210.98.77.