Revisit: ICEB Competition
International Consortium for Electronic Business 2007 Doctoral Dissertation Competition; Deadline now 1 Aug 2007
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: PhD Awards|
ICEB 2007 US$1000 Best Dissertation Awards
Submission Deadline: AUGUST 1, 2007.
ICEB encourages young scholars to engage in research with significant contribution. An outstanding doctoral dissertation completed and accepted by a degree-granting institution between 01/01/2006 and 07/31/2007 and have not been submitted previously to any other similar competition may be recommended by the student’s major professor or dissertation advisor to participate one-time-only in the best dissertation competition. Best Dissertation Awards (USD 1000, 600, and 400)* will be presented during the ICEB Luncheon. Conference URL:
- The dissertation must deal with the development of methodology for, or application of, electronic business.
- The dissertation must have been completed and accepted by a degree-granting institution between 01/01/2006 and 07/31/2007. However, it is not necessary for the degree to have been awarded by the end of 07/31/2007. Also, the dissertation must not have been submitted previously to any other similar competition.
- The submission materials consist of the following:
- A nominating letter on university letterhead stationery submitted by the student’s major professor or dissertation advisor. This letter introduces the student, the supervisor of the dissertation, and the degree-granting institution. It also certifies the acceptance of the dissertation by the institution within the required time frame. All contact information for both the author and the major professor should also be stated in the letter.
- A separate statement by the major professor about why the dissertation deserves special recognition.
- A summary of the dissertation. This summary should answer the following questions: (1) What is the problem? (2) Why it is important? (3) How did you solve it? (4) What have you found? (5) What do you recommend? The length of this summary should be no more than 10 pages. At the top of the first page, please indicate the topic area as well as 5 to 10 keywords that capture the essence of your dissertation.
- The complete dissertation in one single file. Separate files for individual chapters or appendices are NOT acceptable.
- Because of the double-blind review process, it is essential that the author, degree-granting institution, and supervising professor not be identified in items 3b, 3c, and 3d. All acknowledgments or other references that would identify the author, institution, or professors must be removed from the dissertation and all accompanying documents except the nominating letter.
- All the above documents must be in PDF format. Please compress them into a large ZIP file and and submit it online as a "Full Paper" for the track "Doctoral Dissertation Competition" at http://iceb.nccu.edu.tw/iceb2007/.
Please direct all inquiries and applications to:
Professor Chien-Chih Yu
Department of Management Information Systems
National Chengchi University
Tel. +886-2-2939-3091 ext. 89058