Call for nominations for editor-in-chief of Marketing Science; Deadline 15 May 2007
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting||Related ARContent: Mar Sci|
Call for Nominations
Editor-in-Chief, Marketing Science
Deadline for Nominations: May 15, 2007
The final term of Steven M.Shugan as editor-in-chief of the INFORMS journal Marketing Science expires on December 31, 2007.Based on recommendations from the INFORMS Publications Committee, the president of INFORMS has appointed a committee to conduct a full search for a new editor-in-chief.The committee intends to propose a candidate for approval by INFORMS no later than August 15, 2007.
All members of INFORMS are invited to participate in this process.The committee seeks your opinions and comments on (1) the current state of the journal, (2) recommendations for new directions, if any, and (3) candidates for editor-in-chief.
Qualifications for the editor-in-chief of Marketing Science will include:
- a demonstrated record of scholarship in the fields of marketing and marketing science
- a commitment to support the broad range of topics in the field
- having a vision and a plan for enhancing the reputation and stature of Marketing Science
- ability to manage the editorial process efficiently and effectively
- a clear understanding of the role of Marketing Science in today’s digital world
- prior editorial experience
- commitment to workload involved
Further information about the journal can be obtained at the Marketing Science website:
Members of the search committee are: Arvind Rangaswamy (chair), Penn State University; Tulin Erdem, New York University; John R.Hauser , MIT; Robert Meyer, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania; and James J.Cochran, Louisiana Tech University (committee liaison to the INFORMS Publications Committee).
Please send us your nominations, opinions, and comments by May 15, 2007.W e welcome selfnomination. The information may be sent (preferably by e-mail) to Arvind Rangaswamy, chair of the Marketing Science editorial search committee.Please include your name and affiliation in your communications with the committee members.
Penn State University
481 Business Building
University Park, PA 16802
phone: (814) 865-1907
fax: (814) 865-3015