Southern Management Association 2007 Meeting, 7-10 Nov 2007, Nashville; Deadline 13 April
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:42:22 -0500
From: Bob Stephens <rdstep@SHIP.EDU>
CALL FOR PAPERS: Southern Management Association 2007 Meeting
November 7-10, 2007 – Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel: Nashville, Tennessee
Submission Deadline: April 13, 2007
Program Chair: Allen C. Amason, University of Georgia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Southern Management Association invites submissions for its 2007 Annual Meeting. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of originality, rigor, and overall contribution. Submissions may take the form of papers, case studies, symposia or workshops. All accepted submissions will be presented at the meeting and published in the Annual Meetings Proceedings.
SUBMISSION TRACKS & TRACK CHAIRS
1. Organizational Behavior
Chair: Hettie A. Richardson, Louisiana State University (email@example.com)
2. Strategic Management / Organizational Theory
Chair: Franz W. Kellermanns, Mississippi State University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Human Resources / Careers
Chair: Martha C. Andrews, University of North Carolina Wilmington (email@example.com)
4. Research Methods
Chair: Marcia J. Simmering, Louisiana Tech University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Management History/Management Education/International Management
Chair: Patricia A. Lanier, University of Louisiana-Lafayette (email@example.com)
6. Entrepreneurship / Innovation / Information Technology
Chair: George (Jody) Tompson, University of Tampa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Ethics / Social Issues / Diversity
Chair: Melenie J. Lankau, University of Georgia (email@example.com)
8. Health Care / Hospitality Mgmt / Public Administration
Chair: Michael Collins, Coastal Carolina University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OUTSTANDING PAPER AWARDS
Subject to review, Outstanding Paper and Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper Awards will be given in each track. There will also be overall Outstanding Paper and Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper Awards. Doctoral student papers may have multiple authors but the first author must be a doctoral student at the time of submission. Doctoral students who author an Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper will have their conference registration and annual dues waived for one year.
- All submissions must be made online at www.southernmanagement.org/meetings/2007/ no later than April 13, 2007.
- SMA fully adheres to the AOM revised Code of Ethics (www.southernmanagement.org/ethics/). Authors are expected to abide by this Code when preparing their manuscripts.
- Papers should not have been previously accepted, published, presented, or be under review for another meeting or journal.
- Subsequent publication, with proper acknowledgement, is encouraged.
- If a paper is accepted, at least one author must register and present the work at the conference.
- If a symposium is accepted, every author must register and present the work at the conference. A statement from the organizer declaring: "I have received signed statements from all proposed participants agreeing to participate in the symposium" must be submitted along with the proposal.
- No participant is allowed to be included as an author, presenter, session chair, discussant, etc. in more than three program sessions.
- The maximum length of a submission is 35 pages, including ALL title pages, tables, figures, references and appendices. The paper format should follow the Academy of Management Journal’s Style Guide. Non-conforming submissions will be returned without review.
- Manuscripts should be double spaced, with 1 inch margins on all four sides. The paper size should be standard U.S. Letter (8.5 X 11 inches). Manuscripts should be in Times New Roman Font, Font size 12.
- The entire paper (title page, abstract, main text, figures, tables, references, etc.) must be in one, single document, created in Word XP or an earlier version.
- Submissions will be blind reviewed. Thus, it is very important that no author names or identifying information appear anywhere in the manuscript. This does not apply to symposia and workshops, which are not blind reviewed.
NEED ASSISTANCE? Please email our support team at
email@example.com or call us at +1.201.633.3208
Submit papers and volunteer to review at