Software Product Management
First International Workshop on Software Product Management, Minneapolis/St. Paul, 12 Sep 2006
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:42:54 +0200
From: Sjaak Brinkkemper <S.Brinkkemper@cs.uu.nl>
Call For Participation
First International Workshop on Software Product Management
Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, Tuesday, September 12, 2006
In conjunction with the 14th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference
September 11-15, 2006, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
In today’s competitive software markets it is of utmost interest to have winning products. The success of any software product in a market depends on skill-full and competent product management. Software product management includes product requirements, release definition, product release lifecycles, creating an effective multifunctional product introduction team and – above all – assuring a winning business case. This workshop aims at increasing the body of knowledge for this specific area of requirements engineering by providing a forum to exchange ideas and publish results. It will build and shape the community of leading practitioners and research experts.
In the workshop the following papers will be presented:
- On the Creation of a Reference Framework for Software Product Management: Validation and Tool Support
- Can Agility be Introduced into Requirements Engineering for COTS Component Based Development?
- Challenges of Knowledge and Collaboration in Roadmapping
- Lightweight Replanning of Software Product Releases
- A Cost-Based Approach to Software Product Line Management
- Towards Context-Aware Product-Family Architectures
- Ten Misconceptions about Product Software Release Management explained using Update Cost/Value Functions
- Towards Comprehensive Release Planning for Software Product Lines
The workshop also incorporates a panel titled "Getting best practices practiced: How to address product managers".
After 24 August 2006 only registration on-site is possible at the RE’06 registration desk in Minneapolis.
For more information contact Johan Versendaal via firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 30 2539267, www.cs.uu.nl/groups/OI/IWSPM .