Trust and New Technologies
Call for chapters for a book edited by Teemu Kautonen and Heikki Karjaluoto; Chapter idea deadline 15 Nov 2006
ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:33:02 +0300
From: Heikki Karjaluoto <email@example.com>
Call for chapters
TRUST AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES
Teemu Kautonen, University of Vaasa
Heikki Karjaluoto, University of Oulu
Preliminary publication agreement with EDWARD ELGAR Publishing.
Submission deadline for chapter ideas: 15 November 2006
New technologies, including management information systems, the Internet and mobile technologies, have transformed many aspects of modern business management and marketing. Trust has been attributed a paramount role in this context, for example in reducing the perceived risk of electronic and mobile transactions and in facilitating long-term customer relationships. Even though significant advances have been made in understanding the role of trust in applying new technologies in business, the knowledge base is scattered and thus lacks transparency. The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art overview of the current state of research in this area.
The Editors welcome both conceptual and empirical contributions as well as high quality literature reviews concerning the role of trust in the application of new technologies in business management and marketing contexts. Some suitable topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- conceptualisation of trust in digital channels
- trust in mobile channels
- cross-cultural comparisons of trust in e-commerce and m-commerce
- impact of social, political and legal institutions on the emergence and development of trust in the context of new technologies
- (evolutionary approaches to) the development of trust in Web merchants/in the mobile channel
- antecedents and consequences of trust in the mobile channel/in the context of Web merchants
- trust and branding using new technologies
- trust and search engine advertising
- Authors are encouraged to submit a one-page chapter proposal (abstract) by 15 November 2006 for initial approval of topic and feedback.
- Accepted chapter proposals have to be developed into full papers by 31March 2007.
- Papers will receive an initial screening by the Editors. The authors might be asked to make revisions at this stage.
- Papers that pass the editorial screening will undergo a double-blind review. The reviews will be provided to the authors by 30 June 2007.
- The final versions will have to be submitted by 30 September 2007.
- Publication of the book is planned for the second half of 2008.
All submissions should be made electronically in Microsoft Word format to the Editors.
Dr Teemu Kautonen
University of Vaasa
Department of Management
PO Box 700
Tel: +358 44 024 4280
Fax: +358 6 324 8195
Dr Heikki Karjaluoto
University of Oulu
Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Department of Marketing
PO Box 4600
FIN-90014 University of Oulu
Tel: +358 8 553 2946
Fax: +358 8 553 2906
ARC Home | Career | Community | Research | Service | Teaching | Etc | Areas | Join AMA