From Paris to the World
The Historical and Current Role of Paris as a Marketing Crucible; Joplin, MO; 2-4 Nov 2006; Deadline: 17 Apr
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting|
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:47:50 -0600
From: "Carla Huntington" <Huntington-C@MSSU.EDU>
From Paris to the World
Dates: 2-4 November 2006
Locale: Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, Missouri
Proposal Deadline: 17 April 2006
As part of a state-mandated International Mission, Missouri Southern State University will be hosting a conference in conjunction with the university’s semester-long study of France and its culture. The theme of our conference will be "From Paris to the World," and will focus upon the historical and current role of Paris as a marketing crucible-one in which ideas, movements, and discoveries have fomented and then disseminated outward to the rest of the world. Our keynote speaker for this conference will be Dr. David A. Bell, Johns Hopkin’s University Andrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities.
We invite proposals for papers or panels (in English) that address Paris as an intellectual and/or social nexus and that discuss the city’s contributions to Europe, the West, or the world.
- To propose an individual paper, please submit a 500 word abstract.
- To propose a panel, please offer a 1500 word summation, detailing the focus of the panel, a listing of panelists and their paper topics, and a brief explanation of how each paper fits into the overall focus of the panel.
Topics and panels with an interdisciplinary focus are particularly welcome as are qualitative and quantitative approaches. However, other topics of interest may include (but not be limited to) Paris as:
- a commercial center and economic influencer on Europe and the world
- an evolving marketing model analyzed through case studies, consumer behaviors, policy, and trade
- a center for new expressions in marketing through painting, sculpture, photography, music, and dance
- a leader in using marketing theories for urban and architectural innovation
- a cultural and social nexus for world including applications of existential phenomenology, critical theory, anthropological, and other interdisciplinary marketing research methods
Please send proposals to:
Dr. Jude Meche
Department of English & Philosophy
Missouri Southern State University
3950 East Newman Drive
Joplin, MO 64801-1595 USA
Proposals may also be submitted via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals should be postmarked by 17 April 2006.